Join now - be part of our community!

Using the Music setting on my DN1080

profile.country.GB.title
albrist
New

Using the Music setting on my DN1080

Dear Sony,

How about expanding the list of connections where you can use the 'Music' setting on the STR-DN1080!  Recently, connected my brand new turntable to Receiver (through a pre-amp) and it would be ideal if I could use the Music setting.  Currently using the Neural:X setting which is okay but not ideal.

Come on Sony!!!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi albrist, 

Welcome to the community. 

I'm just going to try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi albrist,

I'll try to pass your feedback regarding these settings along to my contact at Sony.

Best wishes,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

A.F.D mode tends to get things correct with this receiver. If you provide a 2 channel input, you get 2.0 (or 2.1 if using a sub and front speakers set to "small"... I think). If you provide a 5.1, you get 5.1, Atmos, you get Atmos, etc. There's also 2ch Stereo mode and Pure Direct.

profile.country.GB.title
albrist
New

Grolschie,

Thanks for the reply.  I have used the AFD mode but I actually found that neural X setting gave out the best sound, albeit it was close.  That said, when playing songs over a bluetooth connection and using the 'Music' setting the sound was fuller.  The point of my post was to encourage Sony to expand the number of devices for which the Music setting could be used.

Nevertheless, thanks for the reply and advice.