Join now - be part of our community!

LCD Screen broken - SE support not reacting - What can I do?

SOLVED
Not applicable

LCD Screen broken - SE support not reacting - What can I do?

As the title basically says it all, my LCD screen has broken. The phone was in my pocket while i was changing a flat tire, after that it was broken. The phone still works, however inside the LCD display has some strange black lines and a piece of the display remains black. I sent several emails through the SE website. The first reaction was that i had sent an email to the wrong support, and that they have forwarded my message to the appropriate support dept. From that request i haven't heard anything yet ( 1 week ago). Since i bought my phone online, the phone originated from Hong Kong. So i sent an email to Hong Kong support. They replied to update the software using the SEUS. I sent them a reply that updating the software didn't help, but i have not received another reply since. I also sent another support request to what i believe is the right support for my location (Aruba, Caribbean), but i didn't get a reply, not even a confirmation of my support request.

So now I don't know what to do with my phone, where I live there is no SE service center or any dealer or anything that can fix it. Any suggestions as to what I can do to get my phone fixed? Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

It's not that complicated, just be extra careful and know that you will void  your warranty, saddly theres no way that SE can help you, or at least it seems that way.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

if you can't get help/support from SE by email, try calling them; now if they can't really help you because there are no SE service centers in your country you could see if you can send it to them (to another country to get it repaired). the last option is, for YOU to fix it, you can buy the LCD + digitizer online and following this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6368979&postcount=82 know that it WILL void your warranty and is your responsability, if you kill your phone in the process well there's nothing to be done but to get a new one.

Martha-
Contributor

The email address for Aruba is questions.aw@support.sonyericsson.com and the Caribbean Islands support number is 1-800-442-3471 (Toll Free).  I am not sure what the policies are about phones that are not purchased in the country (they are considered "Grey Market" products in my region), but give support a call and see what your options are.

Not applicable

The number for caribbean Islands is out of service, it doesn't work. I have sent an email to questions.aw@support.sonyericsson.com, thank you for this emailaddress. I will post below again what happens.

Not applicable

Do you know where the service centre is in Aruba? You may want to go there.

Before you go there, you might want to try turning off the device, removing your battery, wait 15-30 seconds, and replacing the battery again. Turn it on and see if the problem persist.

Martha-
Contributor

Thanks for letting me know that the number is out of service.  I will find out what the correct number is but it may take a little while.

Not applicable

After sending several emails i received a phone number, requesting me to call SE support. It was the UK number, so they couldn't help, they told me I should call SE support in the country where the phone was sold (Hong Kong). Probably I would have to send the phone back there for it to get repaired. The phone of course has warranty but I might have to pay since it might have been abuse. Since the Hong Kong support is now closed I will call them tomorrow.

I'm beginning to think that the option to order the LCD screen and fixing it myself is best. :smileylaugh::smileysad:

Not applicable

I don't know if it'll be better, but it is most definitely faster.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

It's not that complicated, just be extra careful and know that you will void  your warranty, saddly theres no way that SE can help you, or at least it seems that way.

Not applicable

I guess this is the best answer, SE is not returning my calls and emails. I have to find a way to fix it myself.