Join now - be part of our community!

Screen is not highlighted and phone is not responded on hiting any key

SOLVED
Not applicable

Screen is not highlighted and phone is not responded on hiting any key

I bought xperia mini pro a day ago.

Everything is fine. But sometimes seems that the phone can't awake from sleep. I hit power button keyboards and 2 touch screen keys are highlighted but display stays blak. Only removing battery helps me. What does happen?

I didn't find in manual how can I do forced reboot. I mean "press somrthing like Home and Power button together during 5 sec" and deveice will reboot automaticaly as a result. Because when I have a black screen I can't reboot device using usaul way. Can you help me?

Thanks for answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, check if you can get a replacement since you just got it a day ago.

Other than that, you could try repairing phone software with Update Service. Here's the download link, http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/. Download and install to PC/Laptop, launch it and follow on-screen instructions. Be aware that this will erase phone data completely.

- Thread moved to correct community -

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, check if you can get a replacement since you just got it a day ago.

Other than that, you could try repairing phone software with Update Service. Here's the download link, http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/. Download and install to PC/Laptop, launch it and follow on-screen instructions. Be aware that this will erase phone data completely.

- Thread moved to correct community -

Not applicable

May be you know how can I do 'forced reboot'? I have iPhone and I can press 'Home and Power' buttons together and keep it pressed about 5 sec then iPhone will reboot. Does the similar functionlity exist for SE xperia mini pro?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you can with the 2010 and 2011 xperias but you can remove the battery

with the 2012 Xperias you have to press and hold power + volume down

gwhispererz
Champion

Nope, not with Xperia Mini Pro ....

Not applicable

I gave the device to a service center. The new issue appeared: device lost internet connection on wifi after 20-30 min using. When I pressed turn wifi off in the settings it became active again and then device tried to restart automatically. But stopped on XPERIA logo.

Seems that I  bought defective device Slightly_frowning_Face

Thanks everybody

gwhispererz
Champion

Are you having the new issue with a replacement or original set?

Not applicable

Original set. In Belarus it is not easy to replace the device. Based on conclusion from service center the seller should replace the device or refit money.

gwhispererz
Champion

Software repair phone again ....

Fedro
Visitor

With the same problemi (black screen when receiving  a call without the possibility to open the conversazione through any button hit /screen touches)  i didn't solve the problem neither through the soft/hard reset through combinaton of volume/power buttons. The problem was due to the trasparent skin conflicting with the light sensori on the top left of the screen. Once i cleaned it i solved.