Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S Battery Drain

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia S Battery Drain

I know we're dealing with Android OS here, which isnt the greatest when it comes to battery life but even after setting all connections to manual sync the battery drops rather quickly. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue. Lets see if we can get a Bug Fix out of this. 

124 REPLIES 124
jis87
Visitor

Using wifi over the mobile 3g gives me much better battery stamina. The AndroidOS drains most of my battery alongside the screen. Setting the WiFi turn off while phone is asleep helps alot.  Automatic sync I keep off. Screen brightness widget helps of course. I use 0% at home and 25% at outside.  The difference between using 3g and WiFi are like night and day. Battery-wise. At least to me.  The thing I don't understand is why the AndroidOS is keeping the phone awake while there is no internet connection at all.

Not applicable

I'm getting really sick of my battery drain. I can't be a whole day outside without my phone turning off. Because I love to make pictures and/or post them online. My brightness gives a full 78% for my battery usage..and when I turn it down to 25% it just changes to 77% .. looks like it doesn't help that much?

wkapteijn .. ik ben Nederlands en ik word hier serieus gek van!!

higwayman
Visitor

Hard to believe but no Android phone can last 48 hrs with auto sync turn ON and no Power saver app applies. And brightness level!!! if it is not turn on to teh fullest, the display isnt going to be very nice and outstanding...

Please state the requirements and preset for your test on Galaxy.

We could all learn. Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

not even competitors like iOS or windowsmobile 7.5 can last 48hrs w/ auto sync and all that

BlackRay
Visitor

48 hours huh? Check my battery! ^^  It's not completely fair, because I don't have 3G internet yet, but with Wifi on all day and flightmode activated during the night it looks something like this:

Screenshot_2012-07-10-19-56-32.png

Screen brightness is 50%. Email is checking every half hour and a few apps have autosync (Whatsapp, Google account).

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

but of course, if you leave it on airplane mode and you don't have 3G your battery will last longer, are you syncing anything?

BlackRay
Visitor

Yeah, just edited my first post ^^

hardikms
Visitor

It's a been week now since I am using my xperia S, but battery life has still not improved.

I had upgraded SXS to ICS 4.0.4.

My usage is 30 mins call, 50 sms, that's it. I hardly use wi-fi, but I really want to use it in future.

Please guide me if you can find something from below screen shots.

Screenshot_2012-07-13-20-55-58.png

Screenshot_2012-07-13-20-56-18.png

Screenshot_2012-07-13-20-56-25.png

Screenshot_2012-07-13-20-56-53.png

Screenshot_2012-07-13-20-56-59.png

Screenshot_2012-07-13-20-57-20.png

I have not yet installed any extra application.

Yesterday night I was just experimenting, Once my charging reached 100%, I disconnected my phone from charging and put it on flight mode.

Below is the result which is very good, it ran for almost 6 hrs by hardly consuming the battery.

It started droping immediately i connected to the network.

Screenshot_2012-07-14-10-52-50.png

Earlier I believed that battery is consumed because of "Awake" processes, but even in below graph its there but it did not consume my battery.

Screenshot_2012-07-14-10-53-09.png

jooso
Visitor

Is it normal to lose 12% in battery overnight with just cell stand by on? To me it seems an awful lot, considering I turn off data, autosync and wifi.

Overall I don't have huge issues with the battery. I manage to get 2 days with one charge, which seems to be the norm with these power hungry smartphones. But to achieve that I do have to turn off everything except cell stand by for the night. During daytime I do have autosync and data on. Also I'm not using backlight at all, except when it's necessary outdoors in direct sunlight. Display brightness is about 20%. I don't have data to back this up but I got an impression that wifi consumes less battery than 3G data.

Not applicable

All you people with power problems try a program called green power from the play store makes my phone last 3 to 3.5 days depending on use