Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Signal on some HD Channels

profile.country.GB.title
Ian_M_L
Explorer

Lost Signal on some HD Channels

A few days ago I tried to select BBC4 HD, but sceen showed "No Signal" (although it did show programme details). Same problem on BBC News Channel, Al Jazeera English and a few others. No problem on BBC1, 2, 3, ITV 1,2; Channel 4 OK, Channel 4+1 no signal.

I thought this might be a transmitter fault (Crystal Palace) but can't find anything reported, and the problem has persisted for 3 days.

It affects TV and HDD, both served by same signal from Freeview aerial.

Is it the aerial that has suddenly lost some channels (how?); or is it TV & HDD?

Thanks for helping me to solve this (in advance!)

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
MrPillze
Explorer

Hi

I also had this problem briefly and what it turned out to be was the chosen region while tuning in, even though i can receive the midlands and north west signals i get a far stronger signal choosing the north west. You can see the signal strength and quality of the channel your on by hitting option then scrolling down to information, select that and then scroll down again for the signal information.

May not help but it could be something to try! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Ian_M_L
Explorer

Thanks Mr Pillze, but that's not it.

Today I unplugged the aerial co-ax cable from the HDD and put it directly in to the TV; all channels available.

Re-plugged in to the HDD - channels missing. Did a new channel search on the HDD - 132 channels found, but none of the HD channels. So it's an HDD fault.