Join now - be part of our community!

Screen mirroring on KDL-42W653A

SOLVED
Jenessaa
New

Screen mirroring on KDL-42W653A

I am trying to use screen mirroring on my iPad but when I go on settings and into the wifi settings it asks for a password. I have not been asked to type in a password when setting up the tv so I am confused as to what the password may be. Is it somewhere on the back of the tv or can it be altered? If so please tell me how I can find this password!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Compatible Miracast devices should work fine.  Its all Apples fault :).  Requires AppleTV

Many manufacturers use Miracast (which Sony does).  To find out which devices are certified as Miracast, see:

http://www.wi-fi.org/wi-fi-certified-miracast%E2%84%A2

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

Sony uses a technology called Miracast for screen mirroring, Apple uses what they call Airplay so to view from ipad to a larger screen you will need apple tv to connect to the tv.

MrPink21
New

I know I am trying to mirror three devices but each one requires a password. The instruction manual or on screen info is useless because it mentions nothing about Apple TV or anything else. The sheer frustration  of finding no help at all and other issues with this TV lead me to conclude I wish I had boaught an LG. Cant even record to the USB as with other TV one does not have to register the stick to that sole TV. The instructions shopuld say you cant mirror your device without going getting a load of other stuff

bash99
New

This is one of those Sony secrets you don't find out about until after you have bought and set up your TV! I talked to a Sony 'technical expert' and screen mirroring only works with a Sony Xperia tablet!!! However, if you download the app iMediaShare from iTunes, you can display the pictures from your Apple device if it is connected to the same wi fi network as the TV.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Compatible Miracast devices should work fine.  Its all Apples fault :).  Requires AppleTV

Many manufacturers use Miracast (which Sony does).  To find out which devices are certified as Miracast, see:

http://www.wi-fi.org/wi-fi-certified-miracast%E2%84%A2