Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV EPG "no event information" on freesat

SOLVED
Solway
Explorer

Hi guys

Been trying to contact Sony via their web email support. the page endlessly loops on trying to send, no matter on what broswer i use. 😕 so here i am...

anyway

I have a Sony bravia TV KDL-42W805A.

I have recently cancelled my Sky package. so have been using the builtin freeview (aerial) for TV, which is all working fine.

However, i have decided to remove the freeview aerial and use the built in freesat tuner with existing Sky dish.

I can get over 800 channels with freesat. and the signal quality/strength is at the max. no issues there.

The issue im having is:

the EPG does not populate with information. all i get is "no event information". it will only appear once i view a channel. but im not flickering through 800 channels just to get the information to load

Because this don't load, it make the EPG completely useless

What am i doing wrong?

PS. the TV is not connected to the internet (yet) but has latest firmware update i think.

180 REPLIES 180
RobH291
Explorer

I also will never buy another Sony product and will also steer everyone I speak to away from them, this is the worst product I have purchased, I have regular issues with it. The latest is it does not remember or store the last channel you were watching. The EPG does not work, the response is very slow, the Wi Fi kees dropping out, it turns itself on/off without prompt. When I contacted Sony I get no help/feedback. Avoid Sony products especially this one, there are much better TVs available on the market

profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

Well done you.

What software revision is your set running?

I would love to get what you see on yours onto my set

What model is yours and when did you get it?

Thanks

Geoff

profile.country.GB.title
phil_75
Explorer

Not sure if you were replying to me? 

But... Kdl-48w705c bought in 2015, software is v3.004 

profile.country.IE.title
orwell84

@stormyuk  It appears that gracenote is still used partially.  IN the Guide TV Selections and  Genre Guide at least.  Problem is that unlike older pre 2015 models of Sony TV which also had the "no event information", they also had the option to select on the Guide and option for Search which did a search for the 7 day listings online.  This worked perfectly well but Sony chose to remove the option in newer models, so no SAT guide or useful recorder.  Guide only works for terrestrial TV.  Yet the Genre Guide and TV selections pick up a mixture of the both sat and terrestrial offerings.  Figure the logic of that impimentation if you can.

Sad to see a good product tranished by poor software implementation.

profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

Sony realy don't have a clue do they!

Mines a 2015 model, no usable EPG and i have no terrestrial connection as we live in a bad reception area and there is no point, so satellite only.

Hitting them in the pocket is the only way to get them to listen it seems.

profile.country.IE.title
Micksul

Hi folks,

I have a 2015 4K Bravia KDL-43X8305C running android 6.0.1 and I am having the same issue as the people here.

Ive been using a Satellite receiver all along but decided to start using the TV directly instead and am getting "No Event Information" on the digital planner. My TV is connected directly to satellite.

If I select a channel it loads up the EPG for the next 2 programs only

I checked to see if there are any software updates but there is none.

Is there any fix for this problem? 

Very disappointed that such an expensive TV cannot perform this basic function.

profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

Welcome to the world of "SONY" and their "we have their money" so we will ignore any complaints and launch lots of shiny new products but don't give a jot about those that buy their products and get ***** on by them from on high!

profile.country.GB.title
TFFZeldar
Explorer

You’ve a cat in hells chance of getting a response don’t waste your energy. Spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this.

The Answer is = This is not a Freesat TV therefor it will not decode EPG Data for satellite.

If its anything like my 805c

It will probably not

1. Work with youview as it will switch of satellite
2. Remember your favourites by default. Meaning you have to switch to it every time you switch the TV on. Ever Since last update.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
profile.country.GB.title
TFFZeldar
Explorer

Now Now it’s ***** only 1 i
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

LOL