Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV EPG "no event information" on freesat

SOLVED
Solway
Explorer

Hi guys

Been trying to contact Sony via their web email support. the page endlessly loops on trying to send, no matter on what broswer i use. 😕 so here i am...

anyway

I have a Sony bravia TV KDL-42W805A.

I have recently cancelled my Sky package. so have been using the builtin freeview (aerial) for TV, which is all working fine.

However, i have decided to remove the freeview aerial and use the built in freesat tuner with existing Sky dish.

I can get over 800 channels with freesat. and the signal quality/strength is at the max. no issues there.

The issue im having is:

the EPG does not populate with information. all i get is "no event information". it will only appear once i view a channel. but im not flickering through 800 channels just to get the information to load

Because this don't load, it make the EPG completely useless

What am i doing wrong?

PS. the TV is not connected to the internet (yet) but has latest firmware update i think.

180 REPLIES 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on your model TV (I have a 2013 tv).

1. Press the [HOME] button on your remote control
  2. Goto "Settings"
  3. Goto "System Settings"
  4. Goto "General Set-up"
  5. Change GUIDE Key Behaviour from "Launch Guide" to "Launch Guide and Search"

This will then change your EPG to the one supplied by Gracenote.  Simply change the guide back to "Launch Guide" to set it back to orginal EPG.

Cheers

janetthebus
Explorer

The Gracenote EPG has disappeared from my Sony Bravia since I agreed to an automatic software update recently. Also the TV has been rebooting randomly since then.  Should I do a factory reset?  Will this revert to the earlier software version?  Thanks for any help.  I telephoned the shop where I bought it and was told that a Sony engineer would phone me, but haven't heard anything back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

- Ensure your tv is connected to your home network for internet access.
- Update tvs firmware if any is available.
- Perform a factory reset.

Cheers
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

HI I have the Sony KD55x8509c and the Guide on it is a joke.

Not only is the guide incredibly unresponsive and laggy, it also contains ZERO programme information.

I have a satellite dish plugged straight into the TV, no sky box or similar.

The only way to get the guide to show anything is to bring up the guide then manualy scroll down each channel one by one, opening each channel one at a time. Once you have done this, the guide will then magically show you Now and Next information for each channel, but only now and next, no other listings for later in the day.

The problem is though, that you are lucky to be able to scroll through doing the above without the guide freezing or in one instance outright crashing.

Also, if you power off the TV at the mains at any point all of the guide information is lost and you have to start again.

I do think I remember seeing the gracenote guide as discussed above when I first got the TV, but I appear to be unable to find it anywhere since.

I also don't have the "OPTIONS" button as discussed above either.

profile.country.en_IE.title
abehan
Explorer

I have the same problem on a KDL-43W755C that I bought two days ago. EPG not retrieving information. Seems to be a software problem. Needs to be fixed!

MichaelCollison
Explorer

I'm also looking for the options in the guide to get the Gracenote EPG and cannot find it can anyone help?

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Please bare in mind of the dates on some threads.  This thread is not relevent to 2015 TVs - hence no Gracenote.

Also, Sony TVs do not have Freesat, therefore no proper EPG for a satellite guide.

Cheers

Bikerdiverman

I purchased a 49x8309C yesterday and have exactly the same problem. No terrestrial TV signal in my area so have used satellite boxes for years with no problem However the Sony guide does not populate information about what is on except on channels tuned into.  If I click a channel showing no information then select to watch it the guide then populates, so it looks to me as if the software is not downloading all of this info correctly from the satellite.

The other app that is a TV listing guide does not work with satellite at all so I have bought a TV without the most basic functionality, i.e. being able to find out what is sowing on each channel and when.

This is very poor.  I have also had the blank screen when selecting the satellite and had to re boot the TV to make this work and a non-responsive remote control and the out of sync sound mentioned in other posts.  

This Android software is clearly not ready for release. Not good enough Sony, when are these problems going to be fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MichaelCollison - Gracenote is no longer an option on 2015 TVs, hence the reason why you cannot find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bikerdiverman - you have posted this 3 times on three different threads now.  I have responded to both of them as well as someone else did too.  Any further posts of the same will be treated as spam.  Cheers