Join now - be part of our community!

What size USB HDD required for Bravia KDL-32W705C ? and other questions

PYBPYB
Explorer

What size USB HDD required for Bravia KDL-32W705C ? and other questions

I'm going to buy a USB HDD for my new Bravia TV in order to record TV programmes and have some questions:

1) what size would be suitable (I have no idea how much memory a TV programme uses)

2) is the USB socket enough to power the external hard drive or should I buy one with its own power supply 

3) Having read that the Bravia 2015 range will have the 4OD and ITV Player apps - only to buy one and find that they don't - I wanted to ensure that the Bravia model I have bought does allow me to record programmes. It has a USB port labelled HDD REC

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

1) the minimum size accepted is AFAIK 32GB. The actual recording may vary depending on the quality of the broadcasting from 2GB/hour to 8GB/hour. It is strongly recommended to have an HDD rather than a flash memory that are not officially supported (even if they mey work if they are fast enough) 2) the TV suppy 0,5 A so, if it is enough for your device no need for external sypply (it should work right with HDD till 1TB) 3) it has USB recording features Hope it helps