Join now - be part of our community!

Green Lines Through Vidio

profile.country.en_GB.title
DickyMint51
New

Green Lines Through Vidio

Hi,  I have recently fitted a new hard drive to my Sony Vaio desktop computer model number VGC-LM1M.

When I play a YouTube Vidio its fine, but when I click to play full screen I get a grainey picture with several bright green lines through the bottom part of the screen. Can anyone tell me if this is just a driver/software problem? or is it my graphics card?

Thank you,

David.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi David,

Assuming this is only happening on full screen with YouTube video it is unlikely to be a graphics chip problem. I assume that in general use this problem is not apparent – playing a DVD video etc?

Have you updated your Adobe Flash Player recently? If not do so. If you have then this could possibly be a glitch in a recent release, in which case try turning off Hardware Acceleration – right click the video and select settings > click the first tab at the bottom und uncheck ‘Enable hardware acceleration’. You may need to restart the video for changes to take effect.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
DickyMint51
New

Hi Rich,

Sorry I did not get back sooner, just seen your message I have been busy pinching some of my newly installed memory back from my hard drive,managed to get back 746gb but thats another tale ha ha .

Thank you for your imput on my other problem, I have just installed the latest download from Adobe and still have the green lines I will try the hardware Acceleration as you advise and see how it goes.

Regards,

David.