Join now - be part of our community!

Help with installer problem please

profile.country.en_GB.title
twinkle20
Explorer

Help with installer problem please

Practically every day, my computer tries to install what I think is some sort of update, but it keeps failing. I think it's probably some update I told it to install ages ago and can't remember what it is now.

My computer is looking for a folder containing the installation package 'Setup_VEP_x64_Contain_SSDB.msi'. But it says it's on a network source which is unavailable. It gives me the option to search for the source (defaults to C drive in a temporary folder). But I have done a files and folders search via the Windows menu, and the file it wants doesn't seem to be on my PC.

How do I tell it to stop trying to install this program? I cancel the installation 3 times and it stops, but then it still tries again next time I turn on the computer (not immediately on start up, but at some point during the day).

It is clogging my installer, and it won't let me install any Java updates or any other type of updates, because it always says the installer is busy and I should finish installing what it is trying to install first. Chance would be a fine thing!

I have done a search online and note that I am not the only one with this problem. But I haven't yet found a solution to it. I'm thinking it's to do with a Vaio update, but am surprised nobosy else seems to have posted this file name on here to query it.

It's a Sony Vaio VPCF11J0E, running Windows 7. I have tried a few things to stop it, but it's a bit beyond my IT capabilities. Any knowledgable help appreciated. Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0