Join now - be part of our community!

How to select Intel or NVIDIA graphics

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Redux8
Visitor

How to select Intel or NVIDIA graphics

I have recently got my new Sony Vaio S and are overall very happy with it. But I have a problem with the graphics, I think. I ordered a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE graphics card with 2Gb memory to improve the performance since I work with graphic intence applications. I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

The problem is that as far as I can see, it is only using the built-in Intel HD Graphics 4000 card.

I have tried to swith the Stamina-Speed button and then it shows a little window with the text "Stamina - Integrated graphics" or "Speed - Hybrid graphics". But not so much else changes. For example if I recalculate the Windows Experience Index it gives Graphics: 5.9 and Gaming Graphics 6.8 on BOTH settings.

Also I have a little notification button that is supposed to show NVIDIA GPU-activity in the toolbar but I have never seen it show anything else than "none".

When I show the NVIDIAs control panel there is a visual setting of PhysX-configuration. It has the PhysX at the top with both displays (built-in and external LCD). BOTH are pointing with lines to the Intel HD Graphics 4000 and none are pointing to the GeForce GT 640M LE. And I don't seems to be able to change it.

So from what I can see the NVIDA card is never used!!?? How can I get it working? One reason I got this computer was because I need the graphics performance.

Please help!

0 REPLIES 0