Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGC-LM1M Bios problem.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DickyMint51
New

Sony Vaio VGC-LM1M Bios problem.

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGC-LM1M, not long after buying it I had lots of problems with in caused by the graphics card. Sony kindly repaired it for me at no cost. I had already purchase the recovery disc's from sony in an endeavor to repair it and obviously this had failed, it was only by accident that I found out about the graphics card failure. Not long after I got the commputer back I noticed that I could not use the Sony updates because the Sony updates sight said it did not reconise my computer, I suspect this is because the bios was altered at Sony. Not being computer literate I do not know how to alter the bios in order to make the sony updater reconise my computer. Has anyone any suggestions please?

Regards,

David.

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.en_GB.title
DickyMint51
New

Hi Rich,

A quick update. I installed my 3TB hard drive with Vista Ultimate but could not get 64bit drivers from Sony so I did a clean install with 32bit, I managed to get all the drivers for this and it is running fine. I was not able to utilise all the 3TB of space, so I patitioned the drive into three and now have Windows Vista Ultimate on one drive, Windows Home Premium on the second Drive and a third one as yet with nothing on.

David.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi David,

Delighted to hear that you now have a functioning system :slight_smile:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat