Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FW56E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pauteal
Visitor

VGN-FW56E

OK so the hard drive has failed.  I have installed new drive but find that the software that came with my Vaio is no longer accessible.  Been to the support page and downloaded a bunch of drivers one by one, some of which have installed some of which will not install--they appear to be unzipped but I get an error message saying that they cannot be run from a zipped file. 

1st question.  Is there anywhere I can download the whole kit and kaboodle of original drivers and programs and question 2 if not : what are the drivers needed to get the a) camera b) DVD and volume buttons working and c) Bluetooth--that is one that so far has resisted instalation.

Any and all ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Paul,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Did you create a set of recovery disc's for your FW.?

If not then unforuntately the pre-installed software is not available to download. you can however, if you wish, purchase a set of recovery discs from Sony support which should allow you re-install the oringinal supplied OS & programs, etc..

To contact Vaio support click on the following link Contact Sony Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Paul,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Did you create a set of recovery disc's for your FW.?

If not then unforuntately the pre-installed software is not available to download. you can however, if you wish, purchase a set of recovery discs from Sony support which should allow you re-install the oringinal supplied OS & programs, etc..

To contact Vaio support click on the following link Contact Sony Support