Join now - be part of our community!

1000XM2 Swipe not responding (Windows 10)

profile.country.GB.title
sata67
Explorer

1000XM2 Swipe not responding (Windows 10)

I recently bought WH-1000xm2 headphones and I used it on my desktop PC (I have a bluetooth dongle connected to a USB port which enables bluetooth on my PC).

While using Bluetooth and Noise Cancelling, all worked well, including swiping on the right ear cup, up/down for volume, and left right for previous/next song. double tapping to pause/resume.

I had a problem with the headset (static noise on right ear cup), and had to replace the headphones. I got a brand new pair, same model.

Now, when I connect it to the same desktop computer, with no settings changed, swiping up/down works, but swiping left/right does not work. nor double tapping to pause/resume.

I hope this is is a simple setting to change somewhere. The swipe Does work when connected to a smartphone! just not working (or half working) when connected to a desktop PC.

I will also mention that when the headset is connected to the PC with bluetooth, I cannot mute volume, and I mean when clicking with my mouse on the small speaker icon on the taskbar tray icon! it is like the headset is blocking it somehow. This is probably related to the swiping not working.

I hope someone experience the same problem and knows the solution to this.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you try resetting your headset which should fix the issue. You can find more details on how to perform a reset here.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
sata67
Explorer

I will try that, even though its a new pair.

But should I do something different this time? Or simply connect them to the PC, as I did when I got them?

profile.country.GB.title
sata67
Explorer

I tried resetting it, it didnt help. Swiping does not respond.

I am not sure I did it correctly though, I connected the headset using the micro usb cable and clicked both buttons simultaneously. I clicked for 1 second and also for a few seconds. No LED flashed or any sign that it worked?