Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Inzone H9 headband material

profile.country.GB.title
Nekcros
New

Sony Inzone H9 headband material

I've raised a repair for these after I have had them since July and the material from the band had come away from the plastic, I believe this is a defect due to way it had come away was clean, no fraying it looks as though they glue it to the inside I'm not sure, I'm not the only one on this https://www.reddit.com/r/sony/comments/x1zoax/anyone_else_having_issues_with_sony_h7h9_quality/
has anyone in this community also had this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Nekcros, if it's the same as the picture from imagur, that's normal wear and tear. Have you heard from the engineers, yet? 

profile.country.GB.title
daceb.3002
Explorer

I've just started to have the exact same problem as well and having to put masking tape around to hold it together, did you have any feedback about possible repair/replacement parts? mine is over a year old so i would have to buy the replacement myself if it is possible to swap out the faulty headband cushion for a new one.

Will cost £105 to repair.

This is categorically not wear and tear. I’ve just been quoted half the cost of a new device to glue a bit of leather and foam back together.

They’re completely dismissing any notion this isn’t a fault with the product, which it is. I’ve owned other headsets for almost a decade and never had this issue with them, costing 1/7th the price.

If anyone sees this, do not waste your money on these. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey IEatSandvich, I don't think that Sony engineers will "Glue" the headband together, and if yours is like the other's this isn't a design damage. I had headphones once that the pads kept coming off because I sweat too much and have so much hair, the service wasn't covered either. And those weren't Sony! 

But anyway, since you sent them to the authorised service centre and the engineers inspected them, that's the final statement that you'll get from Sony, if it was a design flaw, they would've covered it. 

profile.country.SE.title
ShivaMT
New

I have this problem too.

But my looks even cleaner than that from reddit.

Bought 13th november 2023.  Headband separation, 20th february 2024.

For me, this looks like design damage or similar. No, not from sweating or similar.

My Logitech G430 and F432's, do not have this type of failure.

And I have used those for far longer than this Sony.

I bought H9, due to them having ANC. And why I bought these? Due to clatter/racket from neighbours.

Is there any How to text or video, on how to fix this myself?

Due to it costing half the unit price to repair it?

Or do I have to buy something similar to "Desing Wish INZONE H9 Headband Cover Compatible with Sony INZONE H3/ H5/ H7/ H9 Headphones" that is sold on amazon and similar?

3months and a week, that is quite fast for a failure like this.