Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WF1000XM4 Battery Drains Too Fast (Left Earbud)

profile.country.GB.title
turkishfella34
Explorer

Sony WF1000XM4 Battery Drains Too Fast (Left Earbud)

Hi, I’ve these earbuds for almost a year now and absolutely love them.

Howevere after the latest update the left earbud started draining like crazy! I haven’t changed any settings. Also the right one drains faster than before but compare dto the left one it’s noticeable slower. Please see the screenshots attached. Look at the clock it’s not even 60 min of usage:

B16C9EDF-21BC-4F57-B41F-AEA6210A9D56.png

64960348-6170-473A-B48C-1B7DFD39A0E8.png

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
jimizuri
Explorer

I have tried all the " fixes" that Sony suggest but the left earbud is still draining. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue. Damn annoying.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey jimizuri, from a full charge, does it go under 80% within 30 minutes? And when did you purchase it?

Jvliom
New

Not jimizuri, but from a full charge, the left earbud goes to 10% in under 45min while the right earbud still has over 80%

profile.country.GB.title
Drumburger69
Explorer

Is there any fix for this? Mine was out of warranty and this started happening about 6 months ago...absolutely loved the earbuds before this bow it is driving me insane!!! First the right one would go so i replaced it with one bought on ebay, then the same thing happened again after a few weeks...replaced again and now the left one has started to do it. It literally drains from 100% to 0 in 20 minutes. Sony won't replace them what the hell doi do such a great product has become useless overnight and this seems to be happening to hundreds of people...Sony what is the fix for this??????

Adrenalinass
Explorer

Me too earbuds were alright but now draining after 20 minutes, literally waste of money never buying any sony product ever again

davedotnet
Explorer

Same problem for me also after last firmware update.. 30 minutes at most... I've tried everything... switching all the features off, re-initialising, etc, etc. So sad... were good set of earbuds.. will have to look for other make now... Too expensive to make same mistake again.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
BenBrownlie
New

I've had the same problem with the left earbud. Usually only charges up to 80% regardless of how long it is in the charging case, and usually runs to zero within 9-10 minutes. I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread and none have made any difference. The earbuds were bought for me as a present two years ago so way past warranty and this has only just started happening in the last few weeks. Any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @BenBrownlie 

Sorry to hear about your issue, but I'm afraid that the only solution for this issue is sending it to the repair centre as they change the battery of the earbud, so the issue will get resolved. 

profile.country.GB.title
keireed72
New

Me too - April 2024