Join now - be part of our community!

SRS XB20 - LDAC does not work

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
sunnyirl20
Explorer

SRS XB20 - LDAC does not work

With Android Oreo on Samsung S9+ as the source for audio, I am unable to use LDAC protocol with srs xb20. The bluetooth codec options on the songpal app just shows ( Auto, SBC ) .  On the Android side If I force select LDAC in the bluetooth options ( Dev mode ) it wouldn't select. Tried changing the mode on the speaker by pressing "+" and "power" button but nothing happens.  Disappointed with this model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IE.title
sunnyirl20
Explorer

yay!!! Finally, I found the issue and solved it. On Samsung s9 plus and probably other models, in Bluetooth settings ( press the 3 dots on the top right corner, when you are in Bluetooth paired devices page on android to get a drop down)  there is an option called "dual audio". This is used to send audio to multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time. The moment I disable this dual audio option, I was able to change the Bluetooth protocol to LDAC or AAC. This is not an issue with srs-xb20.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @sunnyirl20,

according to the helpguide: http://helpguide.sony.net/speaker/srs-xb20/v1/en/contents/TP0001270186.html

the speaker switches the codec on the fly depending on how good the connection is.

I would suggest to unpair the speaker from your phone and pair it a

again if you still think it should work differently.

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
sunnyirl20
Explorer

Unfortunately, it is not. I did a reset couple of times and redid the whole pairing process.  In the android app ( Sony music centre), within the Bluetooth codec options, I only see to entries in the drop-down ( Auto and SBC).  Is this how

it is shown or it shows all the supported codes there ( like aac, ldac, sbc, auto ).  I can definitely see that it only connects via SBC and it does not change manually or automatically.

profile.country.IE.title
sunnyirl20
Explorer

yay!!! Finally, I found the issue and solved it. On Samsung s9 plus and probably other models, in Bluetooth settings ( press the 3 dots on the top right corner, when you are in Bluetooth paired devices page on android to get a drop down)  there is an option called "dual audio". This is used to send audio to multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time. The moment I disable this dual audio option, I was able to change the Bluetooth protocol to LDAC or AAC. This is not an issue with srs-xb20.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @sunnyirl20,

thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

Glad your issue is resolved.

- Nic