Join now - be part of our community!

Swimming with the NWZ-W273 Walkman® waterproof MP3 player

profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Swimming with the NWZ-W273 Walkman® waterproof MP3 player

So my question is:

Are there many people actually buying these and using them regularly when swimming?  I am really tempted to hit the buy button because I am in the pool at least a couple of times a week and in theory the idea sounds great and really appeals to me.  So anyone using them?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.da_DK.title
gunstmoller
Visitor

Don´t buy it!! The sound is not working as supposed. I have bought it and the time time I tryed it the sound dissapeared from the left ear. Sometimes the sound fade away and sometimes there is now sound at all. I have sent a complaint the Sony, but in denmark where I live Sony does not care.

So don´t buy it!!
Marianne

deanjohnsonq
Visitor

i use it in the pool but as the other poster says, the left channel is not good. you need a tight fit to ensure water does not get into your ears. They are still good and I'm glad I bought them.

clynchj
New

I had the same problem - used mine for the first time today, and the volume on the left ear dropped off after a while. I read on another forum to tap the ear piece vigourously to get the water out. I did just that, and it's working fine. 

faithx

Thank you all for your feedback :slight_smile:

I must admit it did make me think twice about running out and buying a pair.  However, I have now succumbed, and ordered a pair which arrived today.  So will give them a go :kissing:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Test them out in the bath! :slight_smile:

faithx

Good idea Jumpy, I'm at the moment deciding on what music to put on it :slight_smile:  So anyone with any good swimming music suggestions??

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Why does it always Rain on Me?

Singing in the rain?

Smoke on the water?

Tide is High?

Twisting by the Pool?

:dizzy:

edit - wonder what whale song would sound like when you're swimming? wowsers.

faithx

hahaha, as always I will strongly consider your suggestions 😉

I ordered a CD (yes, people still do that :smileywink:) which will help to pace you while swimming, so that has been uploaded and I am going this afternoon B-)

CMyson
New

What CD is that, sounds interesting!! I've been listening to way too fast paced tracks and getting too tired too soon!! The best thing about these is going straight from a run to a swim without cutting off your music, love it.