Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman does not appear in File Explorer

profile.country.en_GB.title
gowalksony
Visitor

Walkman does not appear in File Explorer

I bought a Sony Walkman NWZ-E443 a fortnight ago. Its been working ok but now I just get the blue screen when I switch it on, which displays for half a minute or so then disappears. Ive charged it up using the USB cable, charge status is "FULL".

I cannot find the Walkman in the Windows File Explorer.

I checked Windows Device Manager, the device was not present. I did a rescan and it

now shows WALKMAN for Other Devices. However the tab says, "this device cannot start".

At the same time the Walkman screen says "Connected USB (MTP) The Timer and Alarm will become invalid".

Ive tried "updating driver software" for the Walkman, from the device driver section in Windows, using "search internet for drivers". It says the most recent driver is already installed.

Ive tried resetting on the back of the Walkman several times.

I've executed the setup.exe routine in the Sony Backup directory, it runs and completes ok and then the small window: "Walkman Content Transfer" appears on my computer, saying "Please connect Walkman". (Walkman is already connected).

But I can't see the Walkman in the File-Explorer (Ive also done a refresh).

Ive tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable.

I've tried using a different USB port. No difference. I'm not using a USB port switch, the cable is connected directly between Walkman and computer.

I have Windows Vista with all the latest Service packs.

My computer is a Fujitsu Lifebook laptop V series.

Please can you advise on a solution to this problem. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
gowalksony
Visitor

I've since taken the Walkman back to the store.

They've tested it with the same result and say that the device is defective and must be returned to Sony. I was given the option of a replacement device, for which this time I chose a Phillips.

I appreciate problems can occur in practice with all makes and can never be ruled out, but I didn't want to risk the same model a second time.

Actually I was surprised and a little disappointed that a Sony device would develop a fault like this within a few weeks of purchase. It's not what I'd expected from Sony.