Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NW-A45 and WH1000mx2

profile.country.GB.title
Robson2625
New

Walkman NW-A45 and WH1000mx2

Hi

Wonder why Sony WH-1000XM2 are not included in the NW a45  headphones list.  I choose “others” but I can’t control ambient sound and noise cancelling from Walkman menu. any idea?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Robson2625,

these options are meant for wired headphones with an inbuild microphone like the MDR-EX750N.

If you use bluetooth headphones like your WH-1000Xm2, these options are not needed, since you control these modes on the headphones themself, even if they are connected via cable (and switched on).

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Lucychops
Explorer

Hi there bought the same combination as you yesterday and no control over equaliser or anything else apart from volume whilst connected via Bluetooth sound is rubbish compared to my iPad or Mac or even my 10 year old nano shuffle Walkman sounds thin no bass by comparison tried different setting sound still poor u can alter when connected by jack no Bluetooth but sound still poor .

only using mp3 files at moment but sound fantastic listening on Mac via Bluetooth at least u can use the headphones app to make sound better headphones are really good also iTunes have a good equaliser Walkman u can’t alter whilst Bluetooth. When wired u have to put volume near full to get reasonable level but still poor bass etc.  Sound is so poor have I got a setting badly wrong?

have u managed to get a decent sound if so what are your settings? Have u contacted Sony I’m about to before trying to get a refund feel I have wasted £150 quid.

ps same as you list of headphones only states the two in the little white leaflet in the box also other. Very disappointing so far any help appreciated.

cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

With Walkman A45 Ambiant sound is ONLY available with its specific in-ear  IER-NW500N

DNC is compatible with IER-NW500N / MDR-EX750N

For best tuning experience it's better to use 1000Xm3 with a smartphone

But with a DAP sound experience is alraedy pretty good, just make sure to prioritise the LDAC audio quality connection... No way a poor SBC/AAC bluetooth from apple can beat that lol

if you go wire, don't forget to turn on the amp