Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000 MX2 headband bracket broken on both sides

profile.country.GB.title
YanYan7
Explorer

WH-1000 MX2 headband bracket broken on both sides

A few months ago I bought a brand new WH-1000 MX2 headphones from PC World (my second pair from sony... I upgraded from X1000 and Bose QC 35). After a few weeks of use, I noticed that the headband bracket has started to crack on one side. At the beginning, there was only a hairline-thin, barely noticeable crack on one side. Currently (a few months later), clearly noticeable cracks have developed on both sides of the headband bracket. The cracks are so big that I cannot use the headphones anymore.

The headphones come with extended warranty. The sale consultant at PC World (at Colliers Wood - London) told me that the warranty is 36 months the high end Sony headphones, and advised that I contact Sony directly and ask for guidance/advice.

Is there anything that can be done to get the headphones fixed/replaced under warranty? I can present all relevant documentation as proof of purchase.20180524_1949372.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

profile.country.GB.title
YanYan7
Explorer

Hi IamNic,

Thank you for the link you provided. I looked at the available info and links on the website, but could not find clear information about next steps. Where do I have to send the headphones for repair (I live in London)? One of the authorised distributors/repair canters on the service canters map? The store's sales consultant told me to contact Sony directly for questions on the warranty and instructions on how to arrange the repair service.

Tried to call Sony support on a "Sony warranty support assistance” phone number (the sales consultant at the store where I purchased the headphones gave me the phone number), but so far without success.

I bought the headphones 9 months ago, so I assume the hinge defect will be covered by the warranty. The headphones are 100% still within warranty, and appart from the hinge defect are indistinguishable from new.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Kind Regards,