Join now - be part of our community!

Timer Record via Sideview app for iOS

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

Timer Record via Sideview app for iOS

Hi,

If I set a timer record function from my iPad or iPhone, then the title of the recording is shown as 'Unknown Title' on the app and TV. If i set a recording from the TV EPG then it is OK.

I have reinstalled the iOS apps and sync'ed the channel list. Bothe devices are registered and logged on to SEN.

The TV has the latest Firmware and has been restarted.

This looks to be a bug in the sideview app, but I cant be sure, can anyone help?

2016-03-31 12.53.08.jpg

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

I've got to the bottom of this and it needs a Fix.

I had both the Satellite tuning and Freeview tuned. When I set up Sideview app, it downloaded just the satellite channels from the TV. Because the EPG for then Satellite channel is basically blank (in UK), then setting a recording resulted in 'Unknown Title'. I deleted all the satellite tuning ( by enabling & disabling Youview) then re-synced the Sideview app, and now I can record OK. 

There needs to be an option to select which group of channels are used when both are tuned. @Anonymous is it possible for you to get this to the right dept?

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I believe this might be a known issue.....    hang fire for a bit.  

Cheers