Join now - be part of our community!

Lowest Battery juice level for Xperia xz

SOLVED
xznewbie
Contributor

Lowest Battery juice level for Xperia xz

Merry Christmas guys.. I have a question, what is the lowest battery juice level that is normally attainable by the xz before its considered fully spent..?
I read from some members here that they were able to reach 5-10%.Mine just stop at 15,and it" cries" for recharge? Does it mean my xz battery is defective.?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunking1011
Contributor

The battery has an inbuilt safety mechanism to stop it fully discharging. Even when your phone switches off at 1% the battery is still safe. I bought my phone to use and if I charged it at 50% then I would last me half the day. 100-50% is half a discharge and 100-0% is a full discharge. Your battery has a finite number of charge cycles and the runtime will get shorter eventually, but phone batteries are good for the life of the average phone contract of 2 years.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sunking1011
Contributor

Mine goes to 1% and then dies.
What you're experiencing is the low battery warning that you get at 15% and then again at 5%. It's there to assist you and let you know that you're about to run out of juice soon.
xznewbie
Contributor

Hmm . thanks Sunking101. . May I know at what level you often recharge it..?
Sunking1011
Contributor

It depends where I am. Often I get to 5/10%, sometimes 30%.
xznewbie
Contributor

Hmmm... Okey.. But if f you let the battery juice get depleted below 15% the light turns orange(?).. Its a warning sign that you need to recharge.. Will it not Accelerate battery degradation if it's done regularly. That you wait for it to reach 5-10 % before you charge it..?
If it's okay that battery is unaffected I will be doing it then..?
Sunking1011
Contributor

The battery has an inbuilt safety mechanism to stop it fully discharging. Even when your phone switches off at 1% the battery is still safe. I bought my phone to use and if I charged it at 50% then I would last me half the day. 100-50% is half a discharge and 100-0% is a full discharge. Your battery has a finite number of charge cycles and the runtime will get shorter eventually, but phone batteries are good for the life of the average phone contract of 2 years.
xznewbie
Contributor

Thank you Sunking101. (Y)