Join now - be part of our community!

FORGOT SCREENLOCK PIN

karlok
Visitor

FORGOT SCREENLOCK PIN

Hello... I'm using SONY XPERIA Z1
What can I do if I forgot my screenlock PIN?
Do I need to reset the phone?

IF reset is needed, how can I reset my Z1 at home?

45 REPLIES 45
foll3d
Visitor

hiii 

i'm using z1

i have problem with my screenlock .

i forgot  my pin .

what should i do?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You may need to perform a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 60% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Also,take a look here:

/t5/FAQ/How-to-unlock-a-phone-w-o-reseting-reformating-the-phone/m-p/927295#M20

alexdon
Dylanlloyd99
Visitor

How do I reset my phone

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Dylanlloyd99 One post up,you have your reply.

alexdon
hmza_A
Visitor

I am using xperia Z2 N I forgot screenlock pin n now i can't open my phone please give me advice what should i do now?

hairywood
Visitor

I have experienced this problem today, but fortunately I had activated "locate my phone". So I tracked my phone and set a new lock remotely, then I unlocked it, and reset the pin again Slightly_smiling_Face
GPENN13
Visitor

Hi. I also forgot my screenlock password and keep asking for the Pin how can I update the service anyway as what you've said in other thread I've read it

Jonas
Master

Hi @GPENN13,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not you can either perform a software repair using Xperia Companion, do note that this will delete all data stored on your internal storage and the screen lock will be removed in the process, since you can't unlock the phone there is no possibility to perform a backup or if you have a Google account in your phone you can try and set a new screen lock on your phone using Android device manager.

Log in with the same Google account that you have in your phone and wait for the service to locate the phone > press "Lock" and enter the temporary PIN code twice, unlock your phone with the new temporary PIN code.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly_smiling_Face

Rn7
Visitor

I forget Sony c3 dual sim pin lock .

Jonas
Master

Hi @Rn7, sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

I'm afraid I won't be able to assist you with a new SIM Pin code since these codes are handled by your service provider (operator) so I'd recommend that you get in touch with them and they will be able to assist you!

Let me know if that helps!