Join now - be part of our community!

SONY XPERIA Z5 PREMIUM.

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

SONY XPERIA Z5 PREMIUM.

Hi all,

Would like some advice about an Xperia z5 premium. I bought a Sony Z5 premium about a year ago from China, and i have never been able to make a call with this phone. The area where i live, in the country, doesn't have the best reception, but i have another Xperia phone, which i'm using now, and it works just fine. I am with the Vodafone network. Thing is, when i go to the city, it works just fine. All the reception bars on top appear, and i can make a call, it's only when i get home, down go the bars, and no reception. This is the second Xperia Z5 premium i have bought from China, with this problem. Is there anyway this can be fixed? Why is this happening? Bought a Nokia phone years ago, second hand from China, and never had any problems with reception, so can't figure out why this is the case now! I contacted Sony, and they gave me a few solutions to run through to see if it will fix it, but no joy there. Anyone else ever have this problem? Thanks for your time, cheers.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@berhenne52  Hi,

You can check some search results from the archive about this:

https://community.sony.ro/t5/xperia-archive/cannot-use-3g-hsdpa-network-in-some-conditions/m-p/33870...

Mostly its about the network settings. Can you advise what network settings are you using? Is it 2G, 3G or 4G? It might be also some compatibility issues from the phone with the European network.

alexdon
profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi Alexdon,

Thanks for your swift reply. To be honest, i don't know. Could be 2G or 3G. When it comes to smart phones, i have no clue about setting or software. Can barely make a call. Lol. I was thinking it may be a compatibility issue myself. If so, can it be sorted? Anything i can try?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

To be shure everything is set as it should I would recommend a Software repair with Xperia Companion.

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

I think that may be a good idea. Thanks for that. I will try it out later. Cheers, Strampke.

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi Strampke,

I tried the xperia companion, and ran into a software repair error, and couldn't continue to the end, then it said phone has locked up. Just my luck. Help, help. Lol.DSC_0003.JPG

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Strampke @berhenne52  yes, backup and repair software as suggested and report to us. Try to use a different network mode though before you do that.

alexdon
profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi Alexdon,

Couldn't log in the last few days. Something about clearing cookies. 🙄. Sorry, but like i said before, i don't understand all this software crap. All i did, as advised was, i used Sony companion, and couldn't get to the end, and message came up that, the phone had locked up. Cheers.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@berhenne52  and now you can use the device or is it locked?

alexdon
profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi Alexdon,

No, i still can't make a call. Still no reception. No bars showing at all, as usual. Tried the xperia companion again, and it nearly went right across the screen, but then as always, error popped up. Trying it again, but i know it's a waste of time. It said it was locked, but then could pick an option and i could get into the phone again. This is the second xperia z5 that i bought from this seller, (first one had a cracked screen, and was broken, my fault, but i could never make a call with that phone either, before it was broken).