Join now - be part of our community!

Sony z3 stuck in airplane mode.

Markz3
Visitor

Sony z3 stuck in airplane mode.

My Z3 will not come out of airplane mode. Tried every thing including a complete reset to basics.

Anyone else seen this ?

37 REPLIES 37
Rohanjain10
Visitor

Facing same problem... What to do now?
mommag
Visitor

I was trying to do a factory reset on this phone. It wouldn't work. I then discovered the airplane mode was on and thought that might be my problem. I found this forum while researching. None of the above worked. But let me share with you what did that I discovered on accident! Slightly_smiling_Face

I swiped my finger from the top. Had no idea this would even do anything. (I tried to take a screenshot but when I do, it goes back to the regular screen.) When you swipe from the top, a "notifications" tab will be on the left and "Quick Settings" on the right. Select Quick settings. Here I turned off the Stamina, which was apparently stuck on also, as I had previously turned it off in the settings. When I turned the stamina off here, the airplane mode automatically turned off. If it doesn't, I suggest trying to turn the airplane mode off here also. 

Hope that helps. Now on to try to figure out why the factory reset STILL won't work... Is it possible the battery has to be above a certain percentage before it will work? hmmmmm... 

MineZ3
Visitor

I'm facing the same problem here.... How to fix it???
k3m1
Visitor

hello .I have same problem and i fixed it  . All you need to doo is :go settings and backup&reset/Factory data reset /Earse internal storage/ reset phone/ earse everything and all is done . Hope i helped you Slightly_smiling_Face

Dromichaetes
Visitor

Hello.

I recently bought a Z3 that had the same problem but with WiFi and Bluetooth, changed that unit for a new one and after almost a month airplane mode problem appeared.  

I have tryed the factory reset and the Companion repair feature and nothing worked.

Any news on this problem, SONY? 

Rickard
Master

@Dromichaetes

I'm very sorry to hear that Slightly_frowning_Face

I'm afraid this sounds hardware related but if possible, also try the phone with another SIM-card and see if that helps. If not, i recommend that you contact a service centre or your Local support for assistance.

Dromichaetes
Visitor

Thank you very much for the fast answer.

I tryed two brand new SIM-cards, I hoped for a fast fix.

Tank you again and have a nice day.

Indianna95
Visitor

I did this but I am still having the same issue Slightly_frowning_Face
Scottymac31
Visitor

Hi ppl. Iv had the same problem with mine and now know the answer. After weeks of trying everything and finally deciding its a software issue i sent it bk to sony. My phone would not have service and i couldnt turn on my wifi or anything. Everytime i tried to make a call it said turn off flight mode. Turns out its the sim trays. The sim card bit can move and when they do it produces this problem. Hope this helps
Tyreeq
Visitor

i Have the same problem, why is this issue cant be solved

ill never ever purchase a sony phone again