Join now - be part of our community!

HDD Recording KDL-W605B

HDD Recording KDL-W605B

If I set a timer recording and switch the TV to standby, after about 8 minutes the orange indicator LED goes out and no recording is made. However if the timer recording is due to start while the indicator LED is still on, the recording is made successfully. TV Pause and live recording work normally. I had this problem when the TV was new (only two months ago) but was resolved with a factory reset and reformatting the HDD. However the problem came back after another factory reset following a problem with "Radioline" app not loading. In spite of another factory reset and trying another HDD and a 64GB memory stick  I cannot restore the full recording function. The workround would be to leave the TV switched on (not standby, orange LED would show). This is not very satisfactory. Has anyone had a similar problem or could offer some advice?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi alansmalls,

is your tv connected also to satellite? If this is the case there may be a workaround...

Let us know

Yes, my TV is connected to satellite. It is connected to Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13.0

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sony technical support should contact you soon, let us know if you succeed in solving the issue.

Thank you for your kind interest.

I think I've got my TV working properly, after Sony Support contacted me.

They suggested a "Power Cycle Reset" i.e. Disconnect from mains; hold power button on TV and UP arrow on remote for 10 seconds; Connect TV to mains.

Now, this seemed to me a strange thing to do, because, surely, if the TV is disconnected from the mains the remote cannot possibly communicate with the TV, and reset anything.

So I followed their suggestion but on reconnecting the TV I held the power button and the UP arrow on the remote for 10 seconds instead of just the power button on the remote.

I disconnected all anciliary equipment (Sky box, DVR etc)  then did a factory reset, deregistered the HDD, reformatted it to FAT32 on a PC, and reregistered it.

I've tried a couple of test recordings  and everything now seems fine. However as I shall not be at home next week I won't be able to give the TV a comprehensive test until I return.

As I said before, your input has been very much appreciated. I hope everything remains OK and I have not just bought a "Friday afternoon" TV (the TV is only just over a month old!)