Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL55W829 - Does it display 3D at full resolution?

SOLVED
AvengerDr
New

Sony KDL55W829 - Does it display 3D at full resolution?

Hi all,

as the subject says: does anyone know first-hand if the Sony KDL55W829 displays 3D at full resolution? According to a review of the 50" model, that version displays 3D at half resolution. However the product spect on the Sony website seems to indicate a difference for the 55".

Can anyone confirm whether it does and how good is it? I'd like to use the TV for 3D stereo pc gaming...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a bit of a hunt around, and have come to the conclusion that I think it would be best for you to contact Sony's Sales Team on : 0845 6000 124

I have looked at the Sony's comparison of the W8's, and the 55" says "3D Super Resolution".  For a definition, see : HERE (but doesnt explain exactly what it is)  Where-as the 50" isnt.

Having a look at the "Richer Sounds" website, under description:

"Once you've experienced 3D TV, ordinary TV just never seems quite the same. Images aren't just projected forward but appear to occupy the space behind the screen, too. This gives images an amazing depth that has never been possible with 2D TV. Thanks to Full HD 3D, active processing, the Sony KDL-55W829B offers breathtaking levels of detail and realism. Helping to enhance both 3D image quality and online video is X-Reality PRO. This intelligent processor recognises the type of material being viewed and optimises the TV accordingly. The result is even greater depth when watching in 3D. Two pairs of glasses are supplied."

Thats as much information that I can find.  So I would recommend you contacting Sony Sales.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a bit of a hunt around, and have come to the conclusion that I think it would be best for you to contact Sony's Sales Team on : 0845 6000 124

I have looked at the Sony's comparison of the W8's, and the 55" says "3D Super Resolution".  For a definition, see : HERE (but doesnt explain exactly what it is)  Where-as the 50" isnt.

Having a look at the "Richer Sounds" website, under description:

"Once you've experienced 3D TV, ordinary TV just never seems quite the same. Images aren't just projected forward but appear to occupy the space behind the screen, too. This gives images an amazing depth that has never been possible with 2D TV. Thanks to Full HD 3D, active processing, the Sony KDL-55W829B offers breathtaking levels of detail and realism. Helping to enhance both 3D image quality and online video is X-Reality PRO. This intelligent processor recognises the type of material being viewed and optimises the TV accordingly. The result is even greater depth when watching in 3D. Two pairs of glasses are supplied."

Thats as much information that I can find.  So I would recommend you contacting Sony Sales.

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
jojorda42

It has 3D super resolution which requires full HD3D, Somebody correct me if I am wrong. Also from what I have seen with Blu-3D at least, I wasn't even experiencing 3D the way I should have been with the HX80/82 sets. Its real 3D on this 55 W829 & looks full HD to me at least with Blu-3D. 

I will still only watch the odd 3D movie even so... Jurassic Park Blu-3D is the best Ive seen on Blu... Along with Monsters V. Aliens, HTTYD & a few other CG movies. Drive Angry has good 3D in it too... Suggestions welcome- Thanks.:smileythumbsup: