Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 Quick Charge 3.0?

SOLVED
pcooper1
Visitor

Xperia 1 Quick Charge 3.0?

Does anyone know if the Xperia 1 should support QC 3.0? I know it uses USB PD but doesn't seem to fast charge with my QC 3.0 charger.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ds2mph
Visitor

Xperia 1 does not support QC3.0, only supports USB PD 3.0

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ds2mph
Visitor

Xperia 1 does not support QC3.0, only supports USB PD 3.0

Jonas
Master

Hi @pcooper!

As @ds2mph wrote, Qualcomm Quick Charge is not supported in device launched with Android Pie since Google has chosen to only USB Power Delivery.

I'm not sure how it is the market where you are situated but here in the Nordics, the UCH32 charger is included together with the device and that is a charger that supports USB PD. Fom what I can tell from what other users commented, it's faster than QC 3.0 ever was on our previous devices that supported it, so that's always nice!

I hope that explains a bit further why it's not supported.

bazw
Visitor

The PD3 charger is fast. Very fast.

3 amp charge, topped up my X1 from 12% to 60% in about 15 minutes. Makes Qi charging irrelevant I think. 

pcooper1
Visitor

I have the Sony fast charger but just wanted to use my QC 3 multi-charger instead of plugging in another charger, but not a big deal.

Thanks for your answers 🙂

Jonas
Master

@bazw, that is very impressive indeed! Slightly_smiling_Face

Qi charging can be great if you really need to charge your device and don't have a charger at hand since a lot of coffee shops and so on offers this nowadays, so I find it more of a "in case of an emergency" kind of thing, but being able to charge it that fast using the PD charger, I doubt such a situation would occur, at least for me! Slightly_smiling_Face

@pcooper, Oh I see and you're very welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Hopefully PD will become the new standard, just like USB Type C did a few years back!

Have an awesome day to the both of you! Slightly_smiling_Face