Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
basstaeter
Explorer

Hi there is a work around, you need to change to using your harddrive rather than the RAM for caching in Kodi, you find a solution here: (Zero Cache)

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQFjAAahUKE...

fglundgren
Explorer

I think that since the last update, my Bravia Sync with the PS4 has stopped working.

It worked before, but now, it doesnt show up in the list of sync devices. 

Anyone else seen this problem or maybe know a fix for it?

frankie1g

New issue for me today.

TV was turned off as normal last night. This morning TVs LED flashing red?

TV booted to spinning balls and android screen.

No real changes to tv by now touch pad remote not working and i cant pair it or unpair it.

Does anyone know what the flashing red led means and hoe to get remote working again.

so feed up with this tv

risp123
Explorer

Sounds similar to my HDMI problem. What works for me is to unplug all cables fro mthe tv, wait 5-10 minutes and then plug everything back in. However this is a temporary solutions, sometimes it works for minutes, sometimes even for days. But at one point the TV won't recongnize the HDMI device anymore and you have to unplug everything again.

I'm glad to hear that the problem also happens with a PS4 because Sony keeps telling me my devices are incompatible with the TV. (Although it works for days sometimes)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frankie1g - The flashing red LED light normally indicates a hardware fault with the TV.  The number of flashes (or blinks) determines where/what the fault it.  Unfortunatey on Sony and Authorised Technicians have access to the 'blink codes'.

Suggest you unplug the TV from the wall for a couple of minutes and try again.  However if you still get the flashing red LED - you will need to contact your retailer to initiate a replacement/repair.

profile.country.GB.title
andipr

@frankie1g - following up on what Quinnicus said:

Youtube might have the answer - I just tried a search for "sony android tv red error codes" and there's plenty of vids on there regarding different amount of flashes. Not sure if they are consistently applied throughout the different models and years though.

My Model KD43X8309CBU
Anonymous
Not applicable

As andipr has said - there are various blink codes on the internet.  Unfortunately the codes are different for each years tvs, as well as variations between the models themselves.  

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

Well flushed with success at having managed the update the other day I decided to tackle a slight difference between sound levels between my sat box and my tv tuner (both going to a sound system).

Big mistake. Before this it was all working beautifully. The tv turned everything on/off and the sound was output through the sound box.

First, the sat box started to come with no sound and needed a touch on the volume control to fire up sound. Then the sat box lost sound. Now I have no sound from either the sat box or the tv when using the sound box so I am having to listen through the TVs speakers.

I've made every adjustment I can find, including restting the TV sound to factory default although I don't relly know what I'm doing but. but nothing.

The control goes to the sound system, you can see the volume control on it go up and down etc. but not a peep.

HELP!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@Folkfanger

I had a similar issue. You may try going to 'settings' and then clicking 'initial setup'. You may skip the tuning process though.

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

Thanks, I'll try that when wife finishes catchup on corrie, missed due to meddling.