Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
wills_b

I really wish I shared the faith some people on here seem to have.

Where does that come from?? Released a broken product, taken 6 months so far and what improvements have we actually seen?
As far as I'm concerned it's still full of bugs and many of the major advertised features are still missing.
john.pringle

The next update on 4 November should sort some of these problems hopefully the recording update is at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.DK.title
tjp.thomas

@john.pringle wrote:
The next update on 4 November should sort some of these problems hopefully the recording update is at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPad
What update is this??

john.pringle

You view is coming on that day

Sent from my iPad
BRAKKUS1
Explorer

Hi guys, can anyone confirm if there's any lag added with 444 chroma? I've read it's 39ms with local dimming in game mode when it was first launched, I currently own a W900A and low lag is pretty important to me, along with full chroma. I intend to PC and console game on it. Also was a 1080p 120hz mode added with the latest firmware? And are the HDMI ports 2.0a compatible now for 4K Blu HDR? I'm on the brink of purchasing, so I'd really appreciate the help! Cheers 

pdutton
Explorer

B****Y subtitles

how do I get rid of them it's now getting beyond a joke, every time a change channel they reappear. Done a factory reset powered off at mains nothing is making any difference.

im seriously regretting buying this now way too many niggles

guide flickering on then off then on 

no uk guide until a uk channel is tuned or no Irish guide until an Irish channel is tunedu

slow to respond

locks up 

perhaps a phone call to Sony asking for money back may be my best option

profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@Folkfanger

That is great. Prior to the recent update i was able to control my audio system ( Denon make) via the Sony TV remote by going into action menu. But after the update i can no longer control it even with my Denon remote. Now i am half way through a factory reset. Can you pkeae check if you have this problem. 

profile.country.GB.title
Calibar
Explorer
profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

Shalendran. Sorry I can't say what problem I have as it keeps moving around. OK before the update. 

I've just lost the sound again after spending 12 hours yesterday getting it back. 

Sound goes off when switching on. It comes back on when the volume is tapped twice on the remote. Occasionally the sound mutes when altering the voume with the remote.

New issue.: the central ring on the remote (up/down) sometimes doesn't work and after a few presses the telly responds and overshoots the target..

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

Can't understand why people are willing the next update when there is so much hurt around from the last one.