Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
profile.country.GB.title
ollythorp
Explorer

Wouldn't hurt to run an Ethernet cable to exclude WiFi issues which can sometimes be complicated to diagnose.

The note on disabling IPv6 could have been a red herring.  I just did a bit more digging - doesn't look like it was related to the Sony software update.  Turns out my IPv6 internet connectivity had actually broken but not IPv4, so a restart of my home router (Sky Q Hub) was the better fix.  Android TV doesn't like IPv6 being enabled on the home network if the broadband line isn't enabled yet.  Might happen more widely with other ISPs who haven't finished their IPv6 rollout yet.

profile.country.GB.title
ollythorp
Explorer
Pete22
Explorer

Recently (November 2016), purchased a Sony Bravia KD-43XD8088 43" now updated to current firmware.

I'm also experiencing this issue, where wifi (and wired) internet connectivity is lost after a shutdown. On standby, connectivity is lost after a few days.

My router is a BT Home Smart Hub 6 (updated to current firmware)

I can always restore connectivity after a factory reset.

Have tried assigning a static address on the TV, but this does not change/alleviate the situation.

Have tried adjusting channels numbers on the router. No effect

Have tried varying the router channel frequency: 2.4 and 5 Ghz. No effect.

Currently, I am trying turning off the IPV6 setting on the TV (Settings> Network> Advanced settings> IPv6 setup). It appeared to be off, but I made doubly sure by selecting "No". This does appear to work. For the first time - (after a power recycle), the TV maintained the wifi connection.

(NB - not currently using static IP address, connected to 5 Ghz channel).

IPV6 does appear to be enabled without issue on the router. Router has been rebooted/power cycled several times in any case.

Will see if the situation lasts.

profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

Hi my Bravia  49x8309 is  onnected uzing a wired connection.  It often loses its connection when coming out of sleep.  I haven't got a guaranteed way to get it to  connect even a full restart  doesn't always work. Changing it to wireless and back sometimes does. I use a fixed IP address.  The firmware is upto date. 

Cheers 

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

I have a brand new KD-49XD8305 which has a wired connection but it constantly complains about losing the network.  I have no problems using a wireless connection.  I also have a few other devices into the same switch which have no problem.  I have moved switch ports and cables but the fault still remains with the wired connection on the telly.  I am therefore left with a faulty socket or the software behind the socket being faulty.

it would be good if Sony came out and told us what they were up to.

profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

Don't hold your breath Sony clearly don't have a clue on how to fix this as all the computer literate people who have posted on this will confirm  What can you expext from a firm that uses a pae grey font on their web site to make sure that anyone without perfect eye sight will struggle

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

Pretty much par for the course with most company's.  Fingers crossed they care sufficiently about this problem, poor internet connection makes these kinds of gadgets unsalable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

For those that are having issues with wired/wireless issues as above @mikesmith63 @Will_cain @Pete22

Can you retry using an ethenet cable (hardwired) - but this time disable Wifi on the TV.  Goto Settings > Network > Advanced Settings    and set Built-in Wi-Fi to OFF.

Just want to see if that works to be honest?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

Same problem here 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

I'll give it a go and see what happens

Cheers