Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@kickboxingboy

Thank you.

I already know about this.

My query is about the "...not guaranteed for this TV".

It is as if they say "... not guaranteed for anything working on this TV"

And then what is the TV that is "guaranteed" for 10/100mbps ?

Just haven't seen this before.....:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
kickboxingboy

Again, they are saying they cannot guaranteed the quality and speed of this connection for this tv.

It sounds like a standard disclaimer.

There not saying it will not work just they cannot guarantee a particular speed or connection

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Ok you are right

But this is what should be:

49XD700x2.PNG

and not "no guarantees". A "healthy" network should be the their only mentioning....

profile.country.GB.title
didi1961

Just found out to top it all that I can't record when in youview so it needs to be disabled, disable youview, you can't get ITV and 4 players??????

Not good along with the LAN connection thing so I'm taking the TV back and will probably buy a standard TV and a £30 ROKU stick.

Shame as I used to rate Sony as a manufacturer.

Dundeeunited2010
Explorer

Hi there I have a Sony Bravia tv model num 55s8505c I bought it in January and had Internet on it since then but now it has stopped working I have tried putting in the password and trying to get the internet back on but it keeps saying I have no internet connection but my mobile phones and iPad and pic work off the router I can't understand why the tv won't work ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dundeeunited2010 - Try running the network setup again on the TV and see.  Also, it might help changing the wifi channel in the router settings. 

If that fails, a firmware update was released today - see HERE.  Once updated, I would suggest a factory reset of your TV  - see HERE for instrustions

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
ollythorp
Explorer

Not sure if it's related, but I had some wifi connectivity issues that started following this week's update.  Turned out that disabling IPv6 fixed it (I'm on an IPv6 enabled Sky Broadband line).

Dundeeunited2010
Explorer

Thanks il try that 👍🏻

Dundeeunited2010
Explorer

Okies thanks for that il have a play about with it see how I get on do you think if I hard wire it i.e. Tv to router this will help too ?

Dundeeunited2010
Explorer

Hi there can you explain to me we're I find IPv6 cheers