Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV X85C - Video / WDMyBookLive

SOLVED
thmoore59
Explorer

Android TV X85C - Video / WDMyBookLive

Having issues with this TV, the moment its £1250 I’ll never see again!

I currently am running the TV via LAN, and connected to my router is a WDmybooklive, The TV takes forever reading the HDD in the Sony Video App, and then comes up please try again later, sometimes it will even say the NAS drive is turned off, however i can still access it on my IPAD

is anyone else experiencing these issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

No problem.  Open Kodi and go to Videos>Files>Add Videos>Add Video Source>Browse

From there, you should get a list of sources which should include your drive.  Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
orangeyred

Do you have the same issue if you install Kodi?

thmoore59
Explorer

sorry pal, without sounding thick..... i have downloaded Kodi, but how do i access my NAS Drive?

orangeyred

No problem.  Open Kodi and go to Videos>Files>Add Videos>Add Video Source>Browse

From there, you should get a list of sources which should include your drive.  Let us know how it goes.

thmoore59
Explorer

Thanks Pal,

worked for me perfect!

dont suppose you have links you can send me to to where to get the best Kodi presets?

Tom

orangeyred

Glad to hear it's working.

Hm it's hard to say as it depends on your set up.  To make it run well, having a well organised file system is the first thing.  I use the Fire TV skin myself but have used Amber in the past.