Join now - be part of our community!

Bbc2 player

profile.country.GB.title
Sony2215
New

Bbc2 player

Why can’t I connect to my bbc Iplayer all of a sudden? All other apps working. Can access via live tv/catch up but not where it sits as a Sony set up app 

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
DavePortland
Explorer

It’s looks like Sony need to fix this issue with the latest versions and just be honest with us about what the problem is. 

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

Hey all, 

Try to unplug the TV from the mains and plug it back after 2 minutes.

Force stop the app> Home-Settings-Apps-Select the app-Clear data-Clear Cache-Force stop. 

Test if the works on other devices.

Try different source of the internet.

profile.country.GB.title
spcdust
Explorer

Tried all of those and still not working directly from Home Screen.

Work around is to go in via the YouView App / Funtion.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
schist
New

Sony need to look into this - can this be raised to the relevant engineers rather than stay as a Community Forum discussion?

profile.country.GB.title
Funkyhippo
New

Figured out a work around for this problem. 

This is to uninstall latest update for the live tv/youview app. 

It will update itself everyday so you will have to keep doing it. Steps below. 

1. Go to apps page via the top menu and down to ‘live tv & catch up’

2.Hold down on the middle remote button to bring up the menu for that app. 
3. Select ‘Info’

4. Select ‘Uninstall Updates’ and OK. 

5. IPlayer will now open. 

profile.country.GB.title
spcdust
Explorer

That work around seem overtly complicated - easiest way I have found is just open the YouView App and you can then open the BBC iPlayer App from there.

Hopefully Sony will get this sorted ASAP?

profile.country.GB.title
Heatheruth
Explorer

I agree the You View app gives access to iPlayer. It’s just annoying that the ‘easy’ way no longer works. 

profile.country.GB.title
agsmith
Explorer

Also had this issue just yesterday, did a factory reset which was a pain but then it broke again. Going via youview is the workaround, but also uninstalling the updates to live and catchup TV worked. I inadvertently removed the iplayer app from the home screen in an effort to fix it, then couldn't reinstall via Google play as it said iplayer app not supported on my TV (sony bravia 2022) Only way to get the iplayer app back on the home screen was to clear cache and storage and force stop the "sony select app". Putting this here in case it helps anyone. SONY should fix this issue as expect it will go again when it next updates!

profile.country.GB.title
RichyB
Explorer

KD-55A8

Same as you all, iPlayer fault, black screen, tried factory reset, nothing fixes the issue.

Annoying as my cheaper Philips 65" OLED never has any issues like this and installs iPlayer directly from Google Store running Android TV no problem, without the 'Sony Select' annoying app trapped bundle of apps.

profile.country.GB.title
RichyB
Explorer

I never use YouView as I find the interface annoying so I've always used the TV app instead. Never even noticed the app shortcuts in there before. So your tip for that has at least got me a working iPlayer even if by a different method.  Thank you!! I can turn off the even more annoying Fire TV Cube now.