Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with KD-55X8505C Netflix sound

SOLVED
profile.country.FI.title
J11J11
Explorer

Problems with KD-55X8505C Netflix sound

Hi!

I lost voice from all of my apps from the tv suddenly couple of weeks ago and I'm all out of ideas, hopefully you guys can help me. So my setup is Sony KD-55X8505C TV and Yamaha  RX-V779 receiver. I have all HDMI cables hooked up to the receiver and only one goes to the TV's HDMI ARC -port.

All has been working fine for couple of years until suddenly the sound from the apps in the tv it stopped working couple of weeks ago. Chromecast, Xbox etc. sound works fine, only problem is with the apps. I have checked the connections, factory reset the tv and checked for an update (no Oreo update on my tv which had the same issues). Is there something else that I can try, before taking the tv off from the wall and change the HDMI cable? I don't that the problem is in the cable, because the picture works fine. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi,

That sounds weird! Have you tried removing all devices and just test if the TV will output the sound from these apps? You might also consider unplugging the TV from the mains for a while and replug it back just to refresh it.

Vanilla_

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Have you tried performing a Clear Data or Cache from External Input Services Application on your TV?

To do this please follow the steps below - 

1. Press the HOME button on the remote.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Under the TV category, select Apps.
  4. Select System apps.
  5. Select External Input Services.
  6. Select Clear data and choose OK.
  7. Select Clear cache and choose OK.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.FI.title
J11J11
Explorer

Thanks for reply,

didn't help unfortunately.

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi,

That sounds weird! Have you tried removing all devices and just test if the TV will output the sound from these apps? You might also consider unplugging the TV from the mains for a while and replug it back just to refresh it.

Vanilla_

profile.country.FI.title
J11J11
Explorer

Hi,

I don't know what the problem was, but I unplugged everything again from the amp and the sound came back! Hopefully doesn't happen again soon, thanks all for help!

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi J11J11, 

That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Have a great day ahead!

Vanilla_