Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 43xh8196 strong backlight bleeding.

profile.country.LT.title
aleksandr1982
Explorer

Sony 43xh8196 strong backlight bleeding.

First sorry for my very bad english.

Hello 27.12.2020 bought a TV kd43xh8196. Within a few weeks, yellow spots appeared in the corners. I attach a photo

PXL_20210128_211926000.jpgPXL_20210128_212708800.jpg
The TV was returned to the store. I waited two weeks for the result of the examination. The result is uneven illumination within the tolerance range. I'm shocked. These yellow spots are visible even during the day. They refuse to return the money for the TV. I wrote a complaint to our Lithuanian consumer protection service. Waiting for an answer. There are also questions about the build quality - the plastic bezel, the entire wavy matrix is ​​fixed loosely around the perimeter and walks freely.
Just horror and this horror cost 600 euros ...
At home there are Sony cameras like rx10 rx100m3 a7m3 with lenses and an old TV kdl 42w650a and I'm happy with their quality, but the kd43xh8196 just awful.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.LT.title
aleksandr1982
Explorer

The official service center where the TV visited is called "Baltic Continent"  www.bcsc.lt  and the retailer www.topocentras.lt (Euronics).

Сamera did not embellish anything in reality, it looks even worse and the longer the tv is on, it becomes  more visible.

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi @aleksandr1982

We understand how you feel about this and appreciate how much better it would be this could be completely avoided, but in reality, you can't make these kind of panels without getting backlight unevenness. This is true for every manufacturer out there. Where we come in is to make sure that there's a certain tolerance for how much of it is acceptable.

One thing to note here is the pictures you attached (Full brightness, in a dark room) represent kind of a worst case scenario which will outline the phenomenon. are you able to see the bleeding in normal viewing conditions (average lighting, moderate/auto brightness)?

profile.country.LT.title
aleksandr1982
Explorer

Photos were taken in movie mode, the brightness of the backlight is automatically reduced there. When you unscrew the backlight level as you say to the maximum, it's a nightmare. The TV was also bought as a large monitor. Even in the daytime it is not comfortable to watch movies and work in programs with a dark background like adobe lightroom and davinci resolve and other program with black backgrounds , such as yellowness creeps out on a dark background and and it is impossible to use. Unfortunately, I can no longer take photos since the TV was delivered to the store..

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

I was going to ask you for pictures in day time because if it's clearly visible then, I would've escalated the case for you. Good luck

profile.country.LT.title
aleksandr1982
Explorer

I  have only this foto also cinema or movie mode.PXL_20210128_164435162.jpg

profile.country.LT.title
aleksandr1982
Explorer

So what should I do. Take the TV back from the store, put it on a flat surface with the screen down to lie down for two weeks. Periodically shake, stir and lay down again. So that the matrix under its weight is aligned and lay down correctly. Periodically knead the frame around the perimeter with your fingers and put the screen down again?

Solve the problem by self-medication? Great support sony "applause".

profile.country.LT.title
aleksandr1982
Explorer

Sony has long been known for its swinish attitude towards users. So if such highlights are the norm then I'm not surprised. In 2020, the Sony office has already deceived me. In 2019, before Christmas, when there was a special offer with cashback, I ordered (at the time of ordering it was not available) a7m3 with several lenses. I made an advance payment of two-thirds of the cost. The camera with lenses arrived a day after the end of the action and I paid the rest - one third of the cost. And on the basis that I deposited the balance after the completion of the action, they refused me a cashback. But the store got into my position and made me a discount on the amount of cashback. And I was not the only one whom Sony deceived in this way.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi aleksandr1982, with all due respect to your point I don't think your comment is relevant or useful to anyone here, they've already tried to help you. Also regarding the cashback, did you check the T&C? Never got any rejections tbh.

profile.country.LT.title
aleksandr1982
Explorer

After two months of scandals, they finally changed the panel on the TV. Yes, there is a little yellowness in the corners, but you can already watch it in the evening and at night. The yellowness will not overlap the image.
Conclusions of the service center - poor spot illumination panel defect.

gedimas.jpg