Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-48A9 - can't be used as a central speaker!?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
fbsh74
Explorer

Sony KD-48A9 - can't be used as a central speaker!?

We recently  purchased Sony KD-48A9 and we are very pleased with the picture quality! 

Unfortunately despite the hefty  price tag there is no option of connecting this TV as a central speaker to our Home Theatre system.

I understand TV Acoustic Surface Audio is quite good but still there is no match to separate speakers

There is also an option to purchase bigger screen but 48 inch seems tick all the boxes...

Anyway something for Sony to consider...  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey fbsh74, other models do support this function, even in the 2021 models too. Check with the retailer if you can switch it with another models.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Fbsh74,

What type of home theater system you use?

Best regards,

Batrick

profile.country.GB.title
fbsh74
Explorer

Hi Batrick,

Thank you for a reply

I am using Yamaha RX-V540  receiver with Monitor Audio Silver 200 speakers. It would be nice to connect TV as speaker but no luck.

Best regards

Fidel

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Fidel, I hate to carry the bad news, but if you mean this function: Using the TV as a centre speaker (only models with TV centre speaker mode) , this TV doesn't support it 😞

profile.country.GB.title
fbsh74
Explorer

Thank you, Hannah

Would be nice to have an option considering that's not the cheapest TV, but not an end of the world.. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey fbsh74, other models do support this function, even in the 2021 models too. Check with the retailer if you can switch it with another models.

profile.country.GB.title
QuinnDexter

I think this function is only supported on the Acoustic Surface + where the telly has three actuators, not two.