Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-55AF9 Hardware Acceleration stops

profile.country.AE.title
khaeid2

Sony KD-55AF9 Hardware Acceleration stops

I have the Sony KD-55AF9, installed on it Pefect Player to watch IPTV, with HW+ acceleration. 

- Every few days the software stops playing channels.

- I tried force stop the software, it does not work

- I have to restart the TV to fix the issue

- It seems like the Hardware acceleration stopped working, or can be another problem

- I left the TV turned off over night, second day the software worked without restarting the TV

- I know that in the night the TV does force shutdown to some services and applications

- How to know what service to shutdown or what to do in order to reset the TV hardware acceleration without the need of fully restart the TV?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You should refer to the app developer for any problem related to it

profile.country.AE.title
khaeid2

I am not sure this is an App problem, but to clarify this more, next time it happens, I will go to apps and clear all the app memory, so the app is as freshly installed and check if it works or no.

if it works, it would be App issue, if not, this means something in the TV is happening

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@khaeid2 even if it is let's say an api of the system called by the app that is at fault, it is only the app developer that can identify it and eventually this information could be forwarded to Sony. Sony will never guarantee the features of a third party app

profile.country.AE.title
khaeid2

Ok, this makes sense, but is that a way to reset hardware without restarting the TV?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately it is not possible by definition, hardware is underlying the software so resetting it will always reset the software

profile.country.GB.title
praamar
New

Hi Buddy. 
You should uninstall and reinstall the most up to date version of the app,

find an up todate download link from the developer website (just google the app name and You’ll find it)

Put the link in downloader app and and install 

i find changing decoder helps too. It’s quick and easy. Maybe try this first