Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-55AF9 sound stops

profile.country.AE.title
khaeid2

Sony KD-55AF9 sound stops

I have the Sony KD-55AF9 connected via eARC to Marantz Amp.

- Sometimes sound of TV stops on all applications, Youtube, Netflix, internal sounds, just stops

-When I switch to internal speaker, sound works, only external output stops.

- During this only TV sound is stopped, but Nvidia shield connected to TV works with no problem, even though the sound of Nvidia is passing through the TV eARC to Marantz Amp, so it is not the Marantz issue.

- I change between apps and sometimes the sound come back at one app and it solves the problem

- Most of the times this does not work, and I have to restart the TV to solve the issue

Any one facing this?

I bought Nvidia Shield to solve the problem of DTS HQ playback, but even though I am still trying to resist that, it seems I will rely totally on a 200 Euros small Android box, instead of 3000 Euros large TV, which is silly

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Since the problem is not so diffuse I still think is a problem with the receiver (or better of the combination of the two)....

Does your Marantz receiver support eARC? if not I would toggle eARC off on the tv, just in case

PS: be aware that you paid 3000 euro for other things than the 200 euros of the NVIDIA including a 55" Oled panel....

profile.country.AE.title
khaeid2

The receiver is latest Marantz, and it does have eARC.

and receiver keep receiving audio from nvidia, passed through from TV input through eARC to the receiver, and audio working properly, even that in the same time, internal TV sound still not working.

The problem is not always the other manufacturers device, the problem can be in the TV by the way