Join now - be part of our community!

Very Poor Customer Service

profile.country.GB.title
Fire63
Explorer

Very Poor Customer Service

Hey

I purchased a Sony Bravia KD 65-XD 3905 tv back in 2016, £2300. 

Last year whilst sorting through paperwork I came across the receipt, the warranty had been out of date for some time and so I made the mistake of disposing of it.

Last week my TV just would not turn on, quite annoying as it was only five years old and as an expensive appliance I would have expected more years of service out of it. I went online to see if there was something I could do, followed all their processes to the letter but to no avail. However one ray of light was that they had identified a problem with the power board and as such they have extended the warranty for this part until January 2022.

My first complaint, they should contact all the registered owners of these appliances and offer to repair them straight away, being link to the power supply if they are faulty then there could be a fire risk with them, after all the power circuit board where the power supply comes in is not functioning as they wanted or expected it to.

Secondly although they acknowledge I am the owner as I had registered it and they were able to give me some of my details, they will not do the repair as I no longer have the VAT sales receipt.

I have contacted currys who I have purchased it from and they are trying to sort the receipt out, unfortunately today their system is down, however the gentleman online was able to send it as you can see below, unfortunately it was in the body text of the email and Sony would not except this despite the fact it displays the VAT Number, Receipt Number, my name and address, all the information the real receipt had on it.

Mr DV Venus

Edited[personal details removed]

Make:

SONY

DOP:

03/11/2016

Model:

65XD9305B U

Store:

4944 CURRYS SUPERSTORE BRANCHES (CURRYS ONLINE 'OMS VIRTUAL')

Price paid:

£2,299.00

Receipt No:

Product Code:

VAT No:

226 6599 33

Planning Group:

65-74 INCH TV

Repair Code:

Coupled with the fact they also have my registered address and that matches all their details, there should be no reason for them not to accept this unless this is Sony's way of avoiding a repair to their faulty TV which they themselves highlighted.

and then when chatting to their adviser online called Hanan, who actually put a particular line and I quote, "Its simple, No Receipt, No Repair". is not really the help I was looking for.

If I dont get the repair then I have no TV and need a new one, will I be buying Sony, ermm!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Fire63 

Hanan needs retraining on Sony’s liability to its customers 😛

The D in 65-XD demonstrates that this is a 2016 TV, and if these are warrantied by Sony until 2022, then all you have to prove is that it is a warrantied set.

The sale details are entirely between you and Curry’s, and not between you and Sony.

And Sony would have to be calling Curry’s mistaken (euphemism)  not to accept their comprehensive record of proof of their sale, and your purchase.

Call again, and ask to be escalated, until you encounter someone who knows what (s)he is talking about, and can arrange for your repair.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Fire63
Explorer

Update.

after returning home from break in Caravan, (tv broke the day before we left), letter from Curry’s with receipt (POF), was able to book through online system and it was excepted.

Contact made by authorised Sony repair company who are coming out Monday. Hopefully can repair. 
Also discovered tv was still Judy under the original warranty.