Join now - be part of our community!

HX5V - Video length - Any restriction?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
len_gurney
Visitor

HX5V - Video length - Any restriction?

A quick and simple question folks....

Is there any restriction to the length of video (time) you can record in one session on the HX5V?.. other than the obvious; battery life/card size/no touch controls etc?

I have tried this as I have a requirement to record about 40-45 minutes, but it seems to switch itself back to STANDBY after about 30 minutes, and I can't see why... HELP

And yes, I have tried looking through the user manual.. not much help!

Cheers...

Len Gurney

Liverpool, England

Message was edited by: len_gurney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Looking at the FAQs specifically for your model you will see here: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/faq/faqkb.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&d=kb&KBS=&m=DSC-HX5V&f=DI_DSC_H

The following is the approximate movie recording time when using the supplied NP-BG1 battery pack:

• Continuous recording time (*1): approx. 75 minutes
  • Practical recording time (*2): approx. 45 minutes

The length/size of one movie is limited as follows:

• [AVCHD] mode: up to approx. 29 minutes
  • [MP4] mode: up to approx. 29 minutes or 2GB

If it reaches the limit, the recording will automatically stop. If  you want to continue recording, please press the shutter button again.

(*1): This is a rough standard of the recording time when recording  continuously at a temperature of 25 degrees C using the fully charged  battery.

(*2): This is a rough standard of the recording time when you  repeatedly start/stop recording, turn the power on/off, or zoom.  Operations other than recording, such as playback, are not included. The  actual recording time may be shorter.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Looking at the FAQs specifically for your model you will see here: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/faq/faqkb.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&d=kb&KBS=&m=DSC-HX5V&f=DI_DSC_H

The following is the approximate movie recording time when using the supplied NP-BG1 battery pack:

• Continuous recording time (*1): approx. 75 minutes
  • Practical recording time (*2): approx. 45 minutes

The length/size of one movie is limited as follows:

• [AVCHD] mode: up to approx. 29 minutes
  • [MP4] mode: up to approx. 29 minutes or 2GB

If it reaches the limit, the recording will automatically stop. If  you want to continue recording, please press the shutter button again.

(*1): This is a rough standard of the recording time when recording  continuously at a temperature of 25 degrees C using the fully charged  battery.

(*2): This is a rough standard of the recording time when you  repeatedly start/stop recording, turn the power on/off, or zoom.  Operations other than recording, such as playback, are not included. The  actual recording time may be shorter.

profile.country.en_GB.title
len_gurney
Visitor

OK Blencogo.. thanks very much, so my original timings were close enough.. pity though as I have a 16Gb Card and high capacity batteries I was hoping for longer than 30 minutes.

'Ces La Vie

Cheers....

Len Gurney

moments-in-time@virginmedia.com