Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

I just submitted the story to mashable.com - I think some investigative journalists need to get on the case.

I don't even care anymore that I cannot listen to Internet radio on my beautiful and expensive device since over a week now. I'm getting used to it. I begin playing old CDs ... LOL. Hey, the Web radio feature was the main argument for buying the CMT-G2NiP (because FM reception sucks and we don't have DAB in France). I want some sort of compesation! How about some free Sony Music Service "Music Unlimited" because that seems to work, albeit only in demo mode, playing each song for 30 seconds.

What interests me mostly now is, just WHY-OH-WHY this happened. I want to read a full Wired-magazine-style cover story about this, somewhere. I want the truth!

suzuki140
Explorer

Hi, I am from Australia and thanks to this forum I now know why I cannot access internet radio. I also contacted Sony tech support. Was told the same thing reboot, refresh etc etc.

I posted on their FB page about the problems with Vtuner. I had already contacted them via phone & was told a service tech would get back to me within 2-3 days. Wo and behold after posting on their FB page I received a phone call immediately.

All I was told there would be an annoucement today on their web site. Big woop, how did that help me?

SoKneeVictim
Explorer

I think the writing is on the wall - What's in it for Sony?

Apart from being a good selling point, Sony do not make any money out of vTuner. On the contrary, they have to pay vTuner a license fee and (as has been suggested elsewhere) the final invoice may not have been approved for payment.

So how's this for a pitch? Let's push all the bunnies that bought Sony products with IP radios onto Pandora. Pandora have just signed up with BMG (Sony affiliate) to license their music and whilst the basic Pandora service is "free" you end up paying five bucks a month to get rid of ads and other restrictions. End result - a win-win situation for Sony. And legally speaking Sony are still providsing you with "Internet radio" albeit canned music with no live humans involved.

Let's see what today's big announcement down here in Australia says. It's nearly 10:00AM here on the west coast and nothing yet. Hope I'm proved wrong....:smileyrolleyes:

SoKneeVictim
Explorer

This appears to be the big "announcement" that Australia held it's breath for. Basically says nothing and looks suspiciously like a cut & paste from Sony's European websites of a few days ago...

Notice for “vTuner” Network Service Issue

Thank you very much for your support in purchasing a Sony product.

Please be informed that there is an issue for the network service “vTuner Internet Radio” for the below-mentioned Audio and Video products. Unfortunately, the network service has been unavailable since September 6th 2014.

We are currently investigating the matter and will update the status on this page as soon as the issue has been rectified.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

[Subject Models]

·Blu-ray disc players 
BDP-S6200/BDP-S1200/BDP-S5100/BDP-S1100/BDP-S590/BDP-S190

·Home theater systems
BDV-EF1/BDV-N1WL/BDV-N1B

·Component audios
HAP- Z1ES/TA-DA5700ES/STR-DN2030/TA-DA5800ES/STR-DN840/DN1040

·Stereo systems
HAP-S1/CMT-SBT300W/NAS-V5/NAS-V7M

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Just in this morning.  I have same problem

"

Dear Mr ********,

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

Kindly be advised that V-Tuner service is currently unavailable due to service ongoing updates

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry

Yours sincerely
Amy
Sony Customer Support
Sony Europe Limited

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

I can believe that response. I am not so angry at not having the service,
more incensed that 'they' assume we are stupid enough to believe them?
richardc79

Just had a reply of Sony NL.

There are (again)  telling that they don't know when the problem will be solved and that the only thing they know that 'they are working to solve this issue' and we must have more patience.

More and more i get the feeling that this is not (only) a technical issue but more a financial/license issue from Sony with the vTuner service. If it was pure technical it would have been solved already.

Thing is that they destroy there reputation because of this. I hope they are fully aware of that.

suzuki140
Explorer

My conversations with Sony Australia FB page

That's it Sony, I've had a gut full. Your "announcement" regarding loss of services with Vtuner internet radio tells us no more than we already knew. I'm taking my CMT-MX700Ni back for refund as it does not do what it was intended to do and don't bother sending me pacifying responses. You have treated your customers very poorly and insulted our intelligence.

LikeLike · · Share · 13
  • Chris Kersten

Write a comment...

•  
    Chris Kersten Thanks for you support Colin.
  •  
    Sony Australia Hi Chris - We appreciate your frustration. As mentioned, we are currently looking into this matter further.
    You may find this page to be a useful place to stay up-to-date with new information as it comes, while we work to find out more.
    •  
      Chris Kersten I was going to take the unit back tomorrow. If you can respond with a firm, honest date as to when Vtuner will be restored (if ever) I will delay returning the useless unit. If your mobile service provider stuffed you around for 3 weeks saying we are "currently" looking into this matter would you stay with them or go somewhere else? I wonder. Just tell us the truth & stop stuffing around with us.
profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

Here's the latest insulting reply from Sony I received this morning;

Dear Mr Jarvie

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

We are sorry to learn about your experience with your Sony CMT-SBT300WB, in regards to the encountered issue with your tuner, and we can gladly suggest you the best resolution for this matter.

In an attempt to be of further assistance, please try the below troubleshooting steps which can help resolving this issue for you:

1. Confirm that there is an internet connection and the device can connect to/stream other services.

2. Revert the device back to the factory defaults as described on Page 67in the below manual:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4464109142.pdf

Yours Sincerely, 
Heba Moussa

Sony Customer Support

Sony Europe Limited

How insulting! They are still treating me/us like idiots by pretending that it is a problem unique to my unit!

Here's my reply;

Dear Heba,

Stop wasting time! I have discovered this is a worldwide Sony problem!

In answer to your questions;

1. Yes I have an internet connection and the device can connect to/stream other services.

2. I have already tried reverting back to factory settings. Don't you think I tried this before I contacted you?

As per my previous reply, please have someone from the Sony Technical team call me or escalate this immediately to the UK Customer Relations team instead of wasting time with useless solutions such as reverting to factory settings. As I said, I am now aware this is a worldwide problem from Sony and I need to know when it will sorted otherwise I will be looking for compensation from Sony in order that I can purchase another (non-Sony) device which will supply me with the internet radio listening I require.

I await contact from either a member of the Technical team or the UK Customer Relations team TODAY!

Regards,

Alan Jarvie

I'l let everyone know what happens but I'll probably just get another stupid, time wasting reply! BTW I've got the direct phone number for the UK Customer Relations team if any UK reader wants it?

scorpionfloyd

Yes please post the number here for our benefit.

SONY SUPPORT: COULD YOU PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH A PROPER ANSWER ON WHAT IS THE ISSUE AND WHEN IT WILL BE RESOLVED.

WE WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE SONY TO CONSUMER COURTS. YOUR REPUTATION IS ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR CUSTOMERS.

thanks

Syam