Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

I understand that Vtuner provide a service portal to companies like Sony
who I would think pay something for the service and that in this case,
there is probably a dispute about what they are being charged or as they
did provide as a free end user service may be deciding to charge for it or
buy out Vtuner and incorporate as part of Music unlimited subscription
service - just a thought!
profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Had another reply from customer services saying that it is being "dealt
with" and any updates will be on the customer page - pathetic
LuckyBill
New

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I'm really disappointed with Sony. I've been always arguing amongst colleagues and family that Sony is a brand one can trust, especially in comparison with Chinese junk copycats. But the way they handle this issue makes me believe that they totally disregard their customers.

p.s. Maybe some press article would make enough noise to reach someone high at Sony who would realise that they are loosing their goodwill image (and the loyal customers).

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@DrakesDrum wrote:
Had another reply from customer services saying that it is being "dealt
with" and any updates will be on the customer page - pathetic

Indeed. I'm unsure from which time zone the anticipated update would have come from, but there's not much left of "tomorrow" here in the UK, and if it was from Japan, well it's been and gone.

I'll re-iterate another observation. For those of us that have registered our shiny new kit with Sony, why aren't they being proactive and using the email addresses they're harvested to keep us up to date? Simple, but powerful in making customers feel cared for.

jpickard
Explorer

For those who have not seen Sony's formal update on 2nd October 2014 regarding vTuner, here is what Sony says:

Since September 6, the internet radio streaming service vTuner has suspended its distribution to SONY video and sound devices.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and continue to address this matter.

We will continue to update you through this web page.

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@jpickard wrote:

For those who have not seen Sony's formal update on 2nd October 2014 regarding vTuner, here is what Sony says:

Since September 6, the internet radio streaming service vTuner has suspended its distribution to SONY video and sound devices.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and continue to address this matter.

That's the "update" ?!?

What a joke.

When will Sony get it into their heads that this level of information falls far short of what we should expect from a company of this size and reputation? As someone else has pointed out this sort of carry-on hardly provides an incentive not to buy crappy Chinese kit does it? At least with that stuff it's cheap and you get the (lack of) service you'd expect, rather than feeling abandoned by a major manufacturer.

i just do not comprehend how they can think that losing a service, not offering a temporary replacement, then giving us the silent treatment is acceptable. :angry:

profile.country.GB.title
ribrigg29

Just thought i would have a look here regarding the V tuner problem, not been here since i got little response on the pass through problem with the 1040, which i eventually sorted myself.

Sent Sony an email and got the expected answer...totally unhelpful,

Still waiting for a response from V tuner, but not expecting a sensible reply soon!

So can i ask is this an firmware update problem that has just effected certain models (didn't see anything relating to the same problem with the 1050 which i am presuming runs pretty much the same software/firmware?)

Or is it just a licensing problem/dispute relating to certain models?

Thought i had left behind the annoying problems that seem to come with AV receiver's these days when i left Onkyo.

Just to add that the V tuner as advertised as being part of the receiver's spec/functions was also for me a major contributing factor in my decision to buy this particular receiver, so if it continues to be absent from the receiver's features i may consider contacting somebody regarding trades descriptions!

Another point being there is also the Music unlimited subscription service, but why cant Sony include other services so we can have a little choice in this like other makers do? its not like there is a monopoly on these net music services.

pisasax
Explorer

Hi all! I've just spoken with the Italian support and they stated that I cannot send my CMTG2NIP back to them because the system, despite vTuner is still off, is perfectly working... At this point only one word rises up on my mind: thieves!
permande
Explorer

Have the same problem went on Sony website found following

CMT-G2NIP Support

News and alerts

News and alerts

CMT-G2NIP

Update: vTuner network service issue

October 2, 2014

Doesn't really help but surely Sony need to have more than one internet radio supplier so that at least the CUSTOMER is not inconvenienced been almost a month now .

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Thank you for being polite! I might have been a bit more vocal?