Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi All,

Forgive me for joining the end of this thread, I haven't had time to read it in it's entirety but for those of you who haven't seen the other post which I started a while back about this issue Sony have released an update of sorts.

Sony have released a statement here:  Update: vTuner network service issue

It seems that Sony are taking the 'back door' approach to informing customers on this one, I found this statement tucked away in the support section of one of their new Blu-ray players. Like any of us would think to look their for advice about vTuner!! The mind boggles. :dizzy:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

For all those that could not find Sony's statement on the vTuner easily.  Would a link from these forums to Sony's News and Annoucements section help?

I would like to propose another solution on why you guys struggled to find it.  So, any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Seems strange that get Vtuner response today, 5th, saying they belive the
issue is now resolved and can I try powering down then another from Sony
blaming Vtuner for withdrawing service on 2nd!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it work? :thinking:

wilsonmfw

No, wasn't earlier!
pisasax
Explorer

Hi All! Due to this amazing lack caused by Sony, I've found my personal workaround by installing on my android devices an internet radio (such as TuneIn radio) and an airplay app (such as AllStream Cast+AirPlay+DLNA - €4,99). You can also install iTunes and use airplay to stream internet radio from your pc. Everything is fine, so far... Thanx Sony for your care...
oudoulj
Explorer

I don't want no freaking workaround.

I/we want the feature we paid for in the first place back in business !

I can't believe it's been a month and nothing has moved :anguished:

wilsonmfw

Don't we all but something better than nothing while we hang around for
Sony to get their heads out of the sand. I always have an alternative 'just
incase'!
oudoulj
Explorer

What about an online petition to get things moving ?

On http://www.change.org for instance.

Anyone up to the task ? :slight_smile:

Sonydumb
Explorer

Very good idea. And a Facebook page too !

Let's Go !