Join now - be part of our community!

ARC issues with AG8 and HT-Z9F

profile.country.NO.title
DerMinze
Explorer

ARC issues with AG8 and HT-Z9F

I am unable to get ARC working with my two Sony devices AG8 and HT-Z9F.

I've followed all guides I could find related to ARC issues for both the TV and the Soundbar, but nothing affects anything.

In the 'help' section of the TV, I've followed a guide for 'External device symptoms' -> No sound from the digital  audio system -> HDMI cable -> (no sound) Next -> Check HDMI Connection: the HDMI3/ARC is connected but list no type or Label AV inputs. Disconnecting and connecting is picked up, but still no change.

Bravia Sync Control is turned on, but lists no devices , even after pressing 'Enable'.

Also, the HDMI signal format has been set to Enhanced Format.

On the soundbar, the 'HDMI Settings' -> 'Control for HDMI' is enabled, and all other settings are set to Auto.

I wondered if maybe the eARC option could interfere, bit enabling/disabling had no effect.

I've tried to pull the power cord from both devices, disconnect HDMI from both devices, waiting a couple of minutes, then reconnecting HDMI and power in the devices. Did nothing.

I'm getting the image through from my BD-player connected to HDMI1 on the soundbar, and Dolby Vision is working, so I think the HDMI cable should be fine. Also tested with different cables, but had no effect.

The only way I'm able to get audio from the TV to the soundbar is through an optical cable.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to make ARC/Bravia Sync work between these two devices?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It seems like for some reason braviasync is not enabled on the tv since, from what you wrote, even the BD is not showing (and I expect it also to be HDMICEC compatible)....

profile.country.NO.title
DerMinze
Explorer

That could be, but I haven't found anything I can do to enable it other than what I have done. I've also tried a factory reset of the TV without luck.

The BD player is the UBP-x800m2, so it's also a Sony device. However, it's connected to the the soundbar, and not directly to the TV, so I don't think it should be picked up by the TV.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It should be in in the list even when connected via the soundbar. Try to do one thing by one. Let's disconnect everything. The only the bd uhd alone and see if it shows. Than the soundbar alone. Than together . For last the bd via the soundbar. And which fails. 
profile.country.NO.title
DerMinze
Explorer

I did this but there's still nothing listed...

Not with BD alone, or soundbar alone, or together.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So the problem is not the soundbar but the braviasync on the tv. You already reset it right? It seems really strange that cec on all the hdmi port is not working...
profile.country.NO.title
DerMinze
Explorer

Yeah, it seems like it is the TV, and yes I've reset it.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Do not know what else suggest...braviasync is pretty straightforward especially for the bd
profile.country.NO.title
DerMinze
Explorer

That was my impression too, but here I am...

Thanks for your help anyway, I'll try to contact Sony directly and see if they have any suggestions.