Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-F700 suddenly ceased reading Blu-ray discs

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rdp007

BDV-F700 suddenly ceased reading Blu-ray discs

I love my BDV-F700 and use many of its features - audio and video playback, from discs, aux inputs and web services, 2D & 3D etc.

It's always played back the 3 main shiny disc types I insert: BD, DVD and CD. But with no reason it has in the last few days stopped reading all Blu-rays - 2D or 3D, previously-watched or brand new. It has suffered no shock, accident or bad treatment. All other functions (incl. DVD and CD playback) are working fine. But BD's now trigger whirring, clunking and a display on the unit that reads 'Invalid', while the TV screen says 'cannot read this disc' and shows an icomn of a disc with a question mark.

Has anyone in the community ever heard of anything at all like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rdp007

Should anyone else find it useful, I've been able to answer my own question: the Blu-ray laser pick-up became faulty. This component has now been replaced and the device works perfectly again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rdp007

Should anyone else find it useful, I've been able to answer my own question: the Blu-ray laser pick-up became faulty. This component has now been replaced and the device works perfectly again.

Babooshka66
Explorer

Having the same problem with mine so thanks for that, much appreciated!