Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Blu Ray/DVD Player slo-mo

profile.country.GB.title
Thuella
New

Sony Blu Ray/DVD Player slo-mo

Hi

My player hasn’t been used in an age. I bought the box set of a favourite TV series on DVD. I got to season 3, and part way through one of the episodes, I paused it. When I hit “play” again, it started playing in slow motion. I have tried other discs/movies and all are affected. I have also played the DVD on my old laptop and it plays fine (but with annoying subtitles which can’t be switched off - thank Windows!!).  Has anyone come across this problem and any suggestions as to what I could do with it - or even whether it’s a Sony repair job?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Thuella 

The starting point for any investigation of such an issue must be the exact model number of the Player.

But you could look in Settings for a Reset, the more drastic the better, and try that.

Also check the player’s remote for sticking buttons, and free them if so, if you can, and also check the state of the batteries in it.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Thuella
New

Thanks. I shall give this a go and report back. Apologies for not including the model number. It’s BDP-S790. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thuella
New

Thank you so much. The reset suggestion worked. 

I really appreciate your help. 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Thuella 

£200 when new in 2013, £60-70 on eBay now, today’s equivalent Sony is £120, and probably not much better than this earlier one, if at all.

So well worth saving, and I’m glad you got it back!

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…