Join now - be part of our community!

What Cinema system?

stevek31
Explorer

What Cinema system?

I have a Sony KDL 40EX703 TV and a BDP S370 Blu ray player, I'm looking to add a home cinema system to this. Firstly, will the all in one packages on sale just plug in and work without investing in any other equipment?. Secondly, with a budget of £500 - £600 what would you recommend I buy, I will need free standing rear speakers as part of the package. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Considering you already have a bluray player, you wont need a bluray all-in-one system.  So you basically have two options:

1 - AV Receiver + Speakers

For your budget, Sony have two models of AV Receivers - STR-DN1060 (£350 ish) and STR-DN860 (£280 ish).  Then all you need to do is add speakers to the system - which you would need to shop around.  I recommend spending at least the same amount again on speakers. 

You can purchase 5.1 speaker packages, have a look at Richer Sounds range as an example HERE.

2 - Soundbar

Sony do a 5.1 Soundbar system which included 2 wireless rear speakers.  This is a no mess, no fuss all in one solution.  The one I would recommend is the HT-RT5 which can be found for about £450 ish.  See HERE for more details

Cheers

stevek31
Explorer

Some food for thought there, hadn't even considered the soundbar option, thanks a lot.